popover has no close button in IE

Hello. I created a pop over and it is working great except for one thing. In IE, the pop up has no "close" option. The option to never show is not visible either.

Can you tell me how to fix?

Thanks!

P.S. It is currently disabled as it is not a good user experience for someone in IE or I'd include a link.

• bbrelsford

Hi Joe,

I'm using IE9. It was reported (as a complaint) by a client. I don't know what version they were using.

When the pop over opens, it is stretched vertically and you cannot see the top right corner where the close button should be and as mentioned previously there is no option to never show again.

If you need to see it, let me know and I'll see if I can re-activate for one page.

Thanks

• aecnu

Greetings bbrelsford,

Thank you for the additional clarification and though I personally avoid using IE like the plague it is true that it still controls a large majority of the browser market and therefore this issue needs to be dealt with in some form or fashion.

However, unfortunately I cannot replicate this issue as demonstrated here on my productions servers using IE9 (screen shot below) http://popup.aecnuwpmu.us/

I also went the extra mile checking this in IE8 and it also works there, screen shot below.

Please advise so that we can check your site because obviously something is different there and you are using the current Pop Up! version 4.4.3 are you not?

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu

Greetings bbrelsford,

Please do not bump your own tickets because it actually delays a response.

The following is a FYI and not a criticism hoping with understanding of how the system works we can work together more efficiently and avoid larger delays and this is a copy and paste form another post:

****Please note:****
    One reason in this particular ticket here that we are having delays in a response is because of the way the ticket system works. The ticket system see's every reply as well a reply ... and then changes it's priority in the support que to include ticket aging.

Therefore it may not show up on our screens as early as it would under normal conditions. It is usually in your best interest to not bump tickets or reply to them unless there is something significant to add.
    ****Please note****

Regarding the Pop Up issue, what is the URL to the installation that this is occurring?

I seen above in my last post I messed up my URL to my test site and have since edited it. --> http://popup.aecnuwpmu.us/

Does my Pop Up show for you and work as anticipated including the close?

Thank you for the screen shot of your settings and all looks well there for sure.

Please advise if the pop up is working correctly on my site when visiting it and also what the URL is to the installation demonstrating the issue?

Look forward to hearing form you in any event.

Cheers, Joe

• bbrelsford

Joe,

I apologize for the "bump". I didn't realize that was supposed to come on your end. My client needed the pop up to work so I spent an hour or so the other day changing settings trying to figure out what the problem was.

As near as I can figure it, it had something to do with the "or use javascript to resize and center the photo".

In IE with the settings I ended up with and this box clicked, the popover was stretched out vertically with no close button.

When I unchecked that box, I could get it to work in IE.

The site is http://www.leadingresults.com (the popover is set to show up on any inside page)

Thanks.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.