Popovers plugin causing internal server error

This is actually about the Popovers plugin, but I can't select it from your menu, since I have it turned off on the website (jojoelectroclothing.com)

Ever since the first pass attempt to allow compatibility with caching plugins (we're W3 Total Cache, and the site is also tuned by the plugin developers), trying to activate the Popovers plugin causes an internal server error.

Is there any way someone can take a look? it's been quite a while and I'd like to get this issue addressed at your earliest convenience. Thank you!

aecnu

Greetings artcomp123,

Thank you for this great question and bringing this significant issue to our attention.

I will certainly and dutifully bring this to the lead developers attention.

I will not personally try to replicate it since I prefer beef over BS and I do not use caching on my servers other then that which is provided by the Dual Quad Core Xeons and the hard drives themselves in combination with compression (gzip/deflate) which with the crushing power of the processors exponentially combined with the end users computer power via their browsers delivers screaming speed and performance. But that is just me

I will go ahead and see if I can get the lead developer with his invaluable insight into the Pop Up! plugin to offer his advice/advise us to what may be causing this issue.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I hope to get him in here asap.

You are using the recently released Version 4.4.1?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

artcomp123

Hi, thanks for the response! I also prefer "beef over BS", but is this not the method to request support from WPMUDEV? Is there a form somewhere else that allows me to submit site info / error logs, so you guys don't have to worry about "BS"?

I was under the impression that creating a support thread was the preferred method of contacting your company, regarding support issues.

Or are you referring to your preference against a CDN / caching? I would assume not, since that is entirely irrelevant. Apologies if your support on this site is offered in a voluntary capacity; but I'd really prefer an answer from a wpmudev employee that can tell me whether or not the plugin is going to work and the eta to the update, or advise me not to use the plugin at all on the site.

Yes, the lead developer is a busy guy I'm aware, and this is a particularly complex compatibility issue. Thank you for alerting him.

Yes, I'm using the most recent plugin. I will be attempting to re-install it this weekend. Thank you again for your time.

aecnu

Greetings artcomp123,

My sincere apologies because we are having a big miscommunication here as to what I meant referring to "beef over BS".

I was referring to hardware being the beef and caching being the BS, nothing to do with the submitting a ticket or your question whatsoever. However, I do see that you say caching is not relevant yet it is indeed the heart of the matter.

I did have a response to the remainder of your post above, but I have decided that it would be wise and not be constructive to say anything more except that I have alerted the lead developer.

Cheers, Joe

artcomp123

Hey Joe,

Awesome, thank you for the update. Strangely, I updated the plugin tonight (just an hour ago)- with an ssh window ready to go in case I had to reboot the server again if that problem occurred, but it worked!

All popups seem to be working fine.

I have no idea what did it, but it seems to be fine now. I'm sure it was cache related, though. Thanks again for the update, I'll close this thread.