Populating one of the Custom Homepage Boxes with Recent Blog Posts?

Apart from selecting “Categories” (which lists all the posts from the selected category below the Homepage Box content), is there a way to automatically populate one of the Custom Homepage boxes with the latest blog entries?

This is for the Nelo theme. Thank you in advance!

• outlierPC
    • Flash Drive

Hello @jim and @aecnu

Thanks for both of your responses. I ended up using the Recent Posts Widget plugin. It’s not quite perfect as I haven’t figured out how to disable one of the Homepage Boxes altogether so that it is not necessary to populate it with some kind of content. But I’ve settled on a way for it to work for me for now.

Again, thank you both for your assistance.

(ETA: Strange that this topic was marked resolved before I had a chance to report it as resolved myself.)

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings outlierPC,

Thank you for letting us know and for posting what you did use to make this happen for your installation.

Indeed I marked the ticket resolved with my straight forward answer which I believed would resolve the ticket which is indeed it has.

Right this very moment we have 1620 tickets waiting for members to respond and in an estimated 90+ % they will either never respond nor mark the ticket as resolved. This creates an almost completely unimaginable management issue caused by members which would in fact delay responding to other responsive members if we did not take some action to continue to do housekeeping.

On the other hand there is indeed a mark as not resolved check box for those issues that the supporting staff member may have not resolved and the member can simple tick the check box and post what is not resolved about the ticket. Indeed that is what it is there for :wink:

This immediately above described action brings the ticket back into play and on our screens in aging order.

It serves all the members the most efficiently in my opinion … only 30 tickets can fit on my screen at a time … lol

Unfortunately there are no posted forum rules telling about this.

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.