popup featured image background

I am trying to make it so when a popup happens the background is total covered (not partial transparent) with the post's feature image.

Also, how can I have it so where the popup happen right away and the user doesn't see any of the post's content even for a second before the popup happens?

P.S. If this requires some PHP, no problem, just point me in the right direction.

• Tyler Postle

Hey fonderco,

Hope you're having a great weekend so far.

Are you using the page footer loading method? via: PopUp > Settings.

That will be the fastest loading method available. I tested on my site and it loaded before I saw any content.

As for making the background only display a posts featured image without any transparency, have you already added a customization to display the featured image in the first place?

You can make the background a solid colour to hide everything behind it by adding a bit of CSS like this:

.wdpu-1883 {
        background: rgba(0, 0, 0, 1) none repeat scroll 0 0;
    }

That 1883 number is unique to the specific Popup and you can find yours in the address bar as seen in my screenshot below:

It sounds like you might be wanting it to dynamically pull the posts featured image that your visitor is trying to go to and display that as the popup background? That would require customization beyond what we can offer in our support forums. You could ask in our members only web development forum or post a job on our jobs board.

If you just wanted to make it display one static background image instead of dynamically pulling it based on the post then you could make a slight edit to my CSS above and do this:

.wdpu-1883 {
        background: rgba(0, 0, 0, 1) url("http://image.com/yourbackgroundimage.jpg") repeat scroll 0 0;
    }

Hope this helps! If I'm misunderstanding at all then could you grant support access so I can see what you have so far?

You can grant support access via WPMU DEV > Support > Grant Support Access.

http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Look forward to hearing back!

Cheers,
    Tyler