Popup on users first visit to their newly created blog?

I'm curious if this plugin has any options or if there's any way to extend it so that when a user signs up for a new blog and they visit their subdomain (myblog.mainsite.com) for the very first time, a popup will appear but won't show again for the user after he/she closes it and won't show for any other users besides the blog owner.

• Predrag Dubajic

Hey Mark,

Hope you're doing well today

Popup plugin is more intended to be used as a visitor popup instead for subsite owner notifications.

There is a setup that should work, however you will need to configure it per subsite.

First you will need to go to Popup > Settings and in there enable Roles condition.

Now go to create your popup and scroll down to conditions, enable "Visitor has role" condition and set to show for Administrator only.
    Also enable Close button acts as "Never see this message again" link option and set high number for expiry time.

Would this solution work for you?

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Mark

Thanks @dubajicp1!

Unfortunately because of how this system is set up, having to set up the popup for each subsite isn't going to be feasible as I need the popup to be populated with the site when the whole theme and WP settings get generated in the site registration process.

Essentially what I'm trying to create is a social share marketing tool, basically thanking the user for signing up for their free site and to "share the love" with a quick Click To Tweet to market the service we provide.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Mark!

I'm thinking that our New Blog Templates plugin may be worth checking. It's a tool that lets you create a "reference/source" sites that would be used for setting up new sites by the users. Upon signup user could choose from available "examples" (blog templates) and his/her new site would be then automatically set up to be the same as the example one.

That actually means that it can also carry pre-configured content and plugins, so a popup could be set on such "reference site" (blog template) the way my colleague explained and it should be "carried over" to the newly registered one.

Take a look here please:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/new-blog-template/

Best regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Mark!

Thank you for your replay.

I have just tested this on my Multisite and initially I could confirm that. I was however able to make it work on my end so here are the things that you would need to make sure of:

1. The PopUp plugin cannot be "network enabled" but must be activated per-site; so it has to be enabled on "reference" (blog template") site locally; I believe though that you already took care of that;

2. In the setttings of the blog template:

- "Posts" have to be enabled in "What To Copy To New Blog" section <- this is very important
    - "WordPress Settings, Current Theme and Active Plugins" have to be enabled to

- if in "Advanced Options" section under "Additional Tables" a table "_popover_ip_cache" shows up, it has to be disabled (checkbox not marked)

With these settings that worked for me which actually makes sense because initially I could see that PopUp plugin is enabled and configured but popup itself was not carried over to the new site - and the popup is actually a custom post (post of custom post type).

Could you please check your configuration according to the description above and see if that helped?

Best regards,
    Adam