Popup onclick rule only works once

I'm trying to use the Popup onclick rule to prompt people to register on my site, however the popup only ever shows once.

If I click the link, see the popup and then close it using the X, I cannot then click any of the links again and see the popup again.

The page on my dev site is here http://www.webmolecms.co.uk/trillion/investment-projects/bnrg-gorse

The following links should trigger the pop up:
Test
Meet the team
Benefits and risks
Technology

The following rules are set:

a.login-or-register as the tag to initiate the popup.

Show if user is not logged in

'Regular close button acts as "Never see this message again" link' is unchecked

How can I make the popup appear any time the link is clicked?

Thanks

• SLH
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Screenshots attached.

Re: anchors, yes I've used JQuery UI. Except those tabs don't actually go anywhere, they're just dummies for people who aren't logged in. Once logged in then there is tabbed content. I could make the logged-out tabs just normal links, I was just being lazy/efficient by reusing the styling instead of building it again.

• SLH
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Jack, thanks for your quick response. I removed the rule and it made no difference to the issue. However, it did completely change the styles for the tabs when I was logged in (?!?). I added the rule again and the styles reverted to how they should be.

On the logged out page I sent you, you'll notice the tabs are orange. I have no idea where that is coming from but it appears to be something to do with the Pop up plugin.

So now there are two issues: 1. the popup only appearing once and 2. the plugin imposing some very odd styles on the page!

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @SLH,

Hope you're well today and thanks for sending through the info.

I have just taken a look at the issue and it appears to be working correctly for me in chrome, when I use the back button on the pop up.

The x on the pop up, doesn't show for me, did you remove this using css?

I have confirmed that the ID is correct, for the tabs, each tab does also have it's own anchor class, but it's working correctly in Chrome for me using the class that it currently has.

Though I couldn't test the x issue, as I didn't have the x show, I've attached a screenshot of what I see.

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• SLH
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Jack

I've re-added the x button so you can see. The back button works because it forces a reload of the whole page.

I installed the plugin on a completely fresh install of Wordpress and it did the same thing. I wonder if this is a feature to allow people to actually click the link and continue on their way. If so is there a way of disabling it?

Further to that, the fixed dark background template isn't working. If I try to apply it I am stuck with a fixed dark background from when the page loads and am unable to do anything else on the page.

Thanks

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @SLH,

Thanks for the additional information.

I have just tested this and it looks like the x button is actually functioning as the never see this again link, I've also replicated on my test install.

I've just flagged the lead developer @Vladislav to take a look at this.

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hello,

The "on click" rule actually only listens to a click once. This is to prevent making your site unusable by hijacking multiple clicks on an active, regular link. So, the click hijacking with this rule will clear itself out once the popover has been shown. Of course, once the popover has been closed, it can't be re-activated using this rule (as it's cleared out of the way) until the page is reloaded.

The 'Regular close button acts as "Never see this message again" link' option works differently. With this option turned on, when a visitor clicks the "close" button, a cookie is set that lets the plugin know not to show this popover to this visitor again. So, subsequent page reloads won't be showing any popover messages. I hope the explanation helps.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.