PopUp Pro custom wording & inaccessibility to functions.

Just purchased Pro version and have two questions:

1. How to change "Never see this message again" wording? Is there any option or can you provide CSS to change it?
2. I upgraded from free version but I still cannot access 'Pro' functions although dash board is installed and it shows that Pro version is activated.

Thanks in advance.

• Tyler Postle

Hey Sean,

Hope you're doing well today. Welcome to the WPMU DEV Community!

1. How to change "Never see this message again" wording? Is there any option or can you provide CSS to change it?

The proper way to change it would be through the language file with something like PoEdit. More info on translating plugin files here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/translating-wordpress-plugins/

Option #2: Our Ultimate Branding plugin has a module to make the translating of text strings very easy. Network wide text change. I've attached a screenshot to illustrate how you could do this.

I do see you are a single subscriber so you would need to upgrade to a full membership to use Ultimate Branding, if you're interested in that you can contact our billing team for any account related questions: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Select "I have a billing question".

Option #3: If you're not ready to upgrade yet then I did ask one of our devs to do up a quick snippet for you that you could add to your child themes footer.php file:

<script type="text/javascript">
    jQuery(function($){
        var refreshIntervalId = setInterval(function() {
            if( $('.wdpu-hide-forever').length ){
                var html = $('.wdpu-hide-forever').html();
                if( html == 'Never see this message again.' ) {
                    $('.wdpu-hide-forever').html( 'CHANGED TEXT GOES HERE' );
                    clearInterval(refreshIntervalId);
                }
            }
        }, 500);
    });
    </script>

Then replace the "CHANGED TEXT GOES HERE" with your preferred text :slight_smile:

2. I upgraded from free version but I still cannot access 'Pro' functions although dash board is installed and it shows that Pro version is activated.

Can you deactivate and delete the Popup plugin then re-install it through the WPMU DEV Dashboard. This will ensure you have the pro version. All settings/popups are saved to the database so you shouldn't lose any of that data :slight_smile:

Hope this helps and let us know if you have any further questions!

Cheers,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.