Popup Pro Embed Script or Shortcode

Hi,

We have a couple of templates that are used in our site which exist outside the WordPress plugin structure. I am not quite sure how to explain it, but essentially plugins cannot be configured through the normal plugin interfaces to show on those pages.

Due to this I am not able to specify in the Popup rules that the popup should show on that page. I was wondering if there is a embed code or a shortcode that we can embed directly into the template file that will display a pop-up.

Here is an example of the template that we would like to use the popup on: http://parkplacesd.com/san-diego-downtown-marina-district-condos/park-place-condos/p/listings/700-w-harbor-1304-san-diego-ca-0-150051012/150051012/

Thanks,

Steve Fox

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Steve,

I'm not sure I quite follow - this page you showed is the normal WordPress page (as far as I can see in the source code).
    If page is in the WordPress (and uses wp_head() and the wp_footer()) you should be still able to use Popup on this page, you can put specific url in conditions.
    You wont be able to use PopUp outside the WordPress - but this page looks like WordPress page.
    Please, advice.

Kind regards,
    Kasia

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Steve,

PopUp should show on page that doesn't contain a WordPress loop - while it is still inside WordPress.
    For example, PopUp with conditional to show on specific url also show on page with that code:

<?php
    /**
     * Template Name: test
     * This is the template that displays all pages by default.
     * Please note that this is the WordPress construct of pages and that
     * other "pages" on your WordPress site will use a different template.
     * @package WordPress
     * @subpackage Twenty_Fifteen
     * @since Twenty Fifteen 1.0
     */

get_header(); ?>

<div id="primary" class="content-area">
    		<main id="main" class="site-main" role="main">

<h1>TEST</h1>

</main><!-- .site-main -->
    	</div><!-- .content-area -->

<?php get_footer(); ?>

and there is no loop here. But it is still WordPress page.

If your pages are not WordPress pages at all then I need to flag plugin develper if this is possible to trigger PopUp show up.

Kind regards,
    Kasia

• Rupok

Hi 1parkplace

From your question, I think you are using custom page templates. Just FYI, when you are checking your custom page template, try to find if your custom page templates have at-least "get_header();" and "get_footer();" functions called in them.

You can make the popup work if your custom page templates have these two functions called. Please see the attached image for reference.

But if your pages don't even have at least these two functions called, I'm afraid you can't make it work as it doesn't have any standalone function for making it work.

I hope it helps.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.