[PopUp Pro] Forminator Pro & PopUp Pro conflict issue

I'm assuming that this is ultimately a Forminator issue, although it might be a Gutenberg issue with PopUp Pro.

– MultiSite, subdomain environment

– PopUp Pro & Forminator Pro are both activated

– WooCommerce, w/ Gutenberg & Gutenberg Woo Blocks

Long story short, I went to create a new PopUp on a subsite. When clicked on "Add New", it loaded a blank page. I turned on inspector and refreshed (screenshot below) and it kicked out a bunch of Forminator errors. (which I was pretty surprised to see on the PopUp Pro page)

I clicked on the "Add New" dropdown, and selecting "Gutenberg" brought up the same errors.

I clicked on "Add New" dropdown and selected "Classic Editor", and fortunately for me… it worked! I can create my Black Friday popup now :wink:

(see screenshots below, in next post)

• splaquet
    • The Incredible Code Injector

…hah… while I still have the page opened, I figured I'd might as well throw out another bug. This time, it's a PopUp & SmartCrawl glitch.

So, I dropped down the "Screen Options", with a goal to hide the SmartCrawl page section.

In this screenshot, you'll see that it's unchecked, but the SmartCrawl section is still displaying:

In this one, I checked it off and it's displaying:

And in this one, I uncheck it and it goes away:

But… after page save, it all happens again :stuck_out_tongue:

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello splaquet

About the conflict with forminator and popup, it seems actually a conflict with another plugin. First of all, there is no option to Add New > Gutenburg in the popup plugin, so the option for you is coming from another plugin.

Also, when I go to Add New in popup, I don’t see any error on the console. So, would you please run a conflict test? Please deactivate all plugins except popup and forminator and check if the problem gone. If so, then enable all plugins one by one and find which one is having conflict. You need to do the same with themes as well.

You can find the flowchart here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/getting-started/getting-support/#chapter-1

Let me know how it goes.

About the SmartCrawl and Popup conflict, I can confirm the issue, so I am marking this as a bug and reporting to the developer. Hopefully, very soon the issue will be resolved and an update will be released.

Have a nice day!

Cheers,

Ash

• splaquet
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Ash , it would appear that it was actually the Gutenberg plugin that was causing the issue. An update came through today that seems to have fixed the option to create either a Classic or Gutenberg PopUp. Only “Add New” is available… and it opens up the correct editor now.

Thanks for the help :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.