POPUP PRO - OPEN POPUP ON BUTTON/PHOTO CLICK

The plugin is installed. I want to open the popup on a button/photo click. I do not follow the guidance provided in the forum here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/popup-pro-open-popup-on-button-click?utm_expid=3606929-101.yRvM9BqCTnWwtfcczEfOmg.0&utm_referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fpremium.wpmudev.org%2Fforums%2Ftopic%2Fhow-to-use-pop-up-plugin-on-buttonlink-click-to-appear

Please explain in greater detail how to setup the popup.

Thank you,

McKinley

• Sajid

Hello McKinley,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

To open up a PoUp on a click of a button or photo. First of all you need to enable "JavaScript Events" condition from WP Dashboard -> PopUp -> Settings 0-> Available Conditions.

Then you need the CSS ID or Class of HTML element where you want to open PopUp on click.

If you are not sure then, you can find the ID and Class selector of elements using the chrome inspector tool as described in this article:
    http://kb.oboxthemes.com/articles/how-to-get-css-styles-for-elements/

Once you had the ID or Class, then edit the PopUp you want to open on click. Select Appear after user scrolled until CSS selector, add the ID or CSS class in the field under it and save changes.

I have recorded a screencast for you to explain the process. Please click on below image to enlarge and see the animation.

If you still need help, then please share the screenshot of button/image on your site where you want to open popup and enable support staff access and I will happily do it for you.

To grant access go to Dashboard -> WPMU DEV -> Support -> Support Access -> Grant Support Access or see this manual for more details regarding how to enable support staff access.

Take care and have a nice weekend :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Sajid - WPMU DEV Support

• Sajid

Hello McKinley,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

Thanks for enabling support staff access and a full URL.

There were two issues in there, one is a human/user error and the other one is a bug (I will report it to developer).

First human/user error was that, you added ID with hashtag in Visual Composer element settings. It should be image-popup instead of #image-popup. Other setup was correct.

I updated the element ID of button & image for you (see screenshot below of what I change). After saving changes, it started working perfectly fine.

Regarding the specific URL bug, I will notify the developer and it will be fixed up in upcoming versions of this plugin.

Meanwhile, I have enabled Advanced URL condition from WP Dashboard -> PopUp -> Settings -> Available Conditions. After enabling, I configured it in a way to display the popup on URL of your site that have /contractor-enterprise-account-confirmation in it (see screenshot of the setting).

Feel free to post a reply if you need further assistance, happy to help :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Sajid - WPMU DEV Support

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.