[PopUp Pro] PopUp Pro Can't Embed Gravity Form

The PopUp Pro plugin seems really buggy. The first issue is that if I try to embed a Gravity Form into the pop-up the pop-up doesn’t appear on the page. The background of the page dims as if the pop-up is about to display but then nothing does.

The other issue is that I see a notification within the pop-up module that I should use the “Page Footer” method for loading the pop-up. However, when I select that method the pop-up doesn’t display at all even if I remove the embedded form. In other words if I have this option selected that breaks the pop-up completely.

How can I get the pop-up to work with Gravity Forms correctly so that I can embed a form within the pop-up?

• Inderjeet Singh
    • Flash Drive

Hello Derek Swanson,

Thanks for granting support access. Sure, I will take care about this.

I have checked the issue with this form Contact Us General. The form is showing but it's display none. So fixing this issue I have added the custom css under PopUp PRO and now it's working.

However I would suggest you use our Hustle Plugin: https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/hustle/

It has got more features that PopUp Pro, for example you can create an Slide In for the side of the page which in my opinion is more beautiful for the user views when a user is navigating on a website.

Have a Great Day,

Best Regards,

Inderjeet

• Derek Swanson
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Inderjeet,

Thank you for the assistance. I can see the form now, but I’m running into other issues unfortunately. I also tried the Hustle plugin but then I ran into even more issues. For now let’s start with just the pop-up pro plugin and see if we can get this working. Then I’ll see if maybe the Hustle plugin can work better as to your point there are some nice options.

Right now the page that has the pop-up showing will show the form because of your CSS changes, but when the form loads the Captcha doesn’t display. The second issues is if I try to submit the form without entering any data I receive no error messages. There should be the normal Gravity Forms notifications if the form fields are not completed correctly. Also the bottom of the pop-up box shows a scrollbar even though the entire form is visible.

There might be more issues than the above, but for now are these items able to be corrected? Once I can test these items I can see if the form is actually working.

Thanks!

• Inderjeet Singh
    • Flash Drive

Hello Derek Swanson,

Sorry for the late response here,

I also tried the Hustle plugin but then I ran into even more issues.

You tried with the Hustle plugin and faced the issue here, then please let me know what’s issue are you facing with this plugin.

form loads the Captcha doesn't display. The second issues is if I try to submit the form without entering any data I receive no error messages. There should be the normal Gravity Forms notifications if the form fields are not completed correctly.

The issue is looked liked conflict with any another plugin. For testing purpose, can you please used the normal form with in the PopUp pro plugin. Here you can try with Forminator Pro plugin with Google Captcha. If here Google Capcha and other issues are also not working then you need to go with the full conflict test.

Here you need to follow these steps for conflict test.

– First, you need to create a backup of the website before proceeding full conflict test so in case you lose any settings during the test, you can restore back your website.

– Second, deactivate all plugin apart from the PopUp Pro, Gravity form and WPMUDEV Dashboard plugins.

– Third, activate a default theme like TwentySeventeen and check again.

If this works and issues were not there, then you need to start activating the remaining plugins and theme, one by one this time, checking every time for the reported issue until you reproduce it again.

The following flowchart image can assist you during this test: https://premium.wpmudev.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Support-Process-Support-Process.gif

If you don’t prefer to make the test in the live website with traffic then please try to create a staging environment, meaning a complete and exact copy of this installation on the same location along with sub-folder on root server like as “/dev” along with a different database. So you can perform the test in there instead and it will not affect the live website.

You can use this plugin to create the staging website https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-staging/

Look forward to hearing back!

Regards,

Inderjeet

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.