Popup Pro Sessions and caching

I'm trying to enabled page level caching but popup pro is using a session on every page load pretty much. Is there someway to prevent this so I can have page level caching.

• Candace

Thanks for the response Predag. Is there another similar plugin to Popup Pro then that doesn't use sessions? All the hosting places I know are saying it is a bad practice to store anything in sessions at all when considering scalability in mind. They tell me to get rid of any plugins using sessions extensively like this where they are used on EVERY single page. You cannot do page level caching at any level with this I understand whether that is FastCGI cache with nginx, varnish, or all the other ways to do it.

If I just limit popup pro to certain pages then does it at least not use sessions on other pages? For example, if I did the setting they have with Advanced urls and I had it only work on 1 of the 5 subsets of urls then could of the other 4 types of urls NOT have the session and have page level caching working?

Does Hustle use sessions too?

Overall Popup Pro has good functionality but scale was not thought through it seems. As soon as I enable it on my wordpress site (since I was testing this for sessions) I see a ~20-25% performance hit because its hitting the database so much I think.

Thanks for any help on this. I'm trying to launch this site in a few days.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello, Candance!

PopUp functions in Hustle is basically a PopUp Pro engine incorporated into the Hustle code. I think there'd be not much difference there. My colleague Predrag has already issued a question to our 2nd-level support team and developers about this so let's see if they are able to help with this.

Please note that it may take a bit longer for them to respond than it takes us here on the forum. Keep an eye on this thread please and we'll update you as soon as we get a message from them.

As for other plugins. There are quite a few of "popups" plugins in wp.org plugin repository, you can download them for free. However, I must admit that I'm not aware of how their code works so I'm not able to tell you whether they do or do not use sessions. I'm afraid that would have to be tested.

Kind regards,
    Adam

• Lindeni Mahlalela

Hello Candace,

I hope you are doing great today and sorry for the delayed response from our side, we really appreciate your patience so far.

I have looked into the code of the PopUp plugin but unfortunately it seems that there is no way to disable the sessions by a quick fix as they are used widely in the plugin, it seems they play an integral part in the functionality of the code. I am sorry there is no quick fix at this point but hopefully in the future something will be done.

Let us know if you have any further questions with regards to this.

Have a nice day.

Cheers,
    Mahlamusa

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.