[PopUp Pro] shows popup based on country not working

We've a popup which we set to show to users not in a specific country but it doesn't work and it'll show to all people. I notice that in setting it'll detect Country: US in all 3 services. What should we do?

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello Tristan

Hope you're doing well!

Please try out the Hustle plugin, which is an upgraded version of the PopUp plugin.

Although the Hustle plugin has this issue as well, because of the GEO IP service that the plugin is using, has changed their API. The issue will be fixed in the next Hustle release. Please see our RoadMap to monitor next releases.

I've tested the Pop-up plugin o my end and can't replicate the same. Please go to PopUp Settings and from the Country Lookup dropdown, choose a different webservice

Please try a different webservice and see if it working on your site. Let us know how it went!

Kind regards,
    Nastia

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hello there Tristan,

hope you're doing good today! :slight_smile:

Nastia is located in Greece and during the test she made, her testing site was available only from IPs coming from Greece.

Can you proceed with a conflict test to ensure that there's no other plugin messing with this? Please keep in mind to grab a recent backup first or create a staging environment.
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Support-Process-Support-Process.gif
    Or you can create a new WP installation in the same server and only install WPMUDEV Dashboard and PopUp plugins and test there.

Let us know how this goes!
    Thank you,
    Dimitris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.