Popup pro, what happened to all the appearance settings?

I was using the popover pro plugin then updated to the new popup pro. My popup now is always in the middle of the screen and I do not see options like pop over position and margins like it used to have. Are these moved to somewhere else?

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi @BroScottcho,

These were removed in the later version as it was less confusing for people to instead use CSS to position it.

You can use the following CSS to change the position on the screen.

.wdpu-msg {
        top: 50px !important;
        left: 50px !important;
    }

using a negative number in the top rule will move it further up the screen.

using a negative number in the left, will move it to the left.

Hope this helps

• Philipp Stracker
    • The Crimson Coder

Hi there @BroScottcho,

thanks for your feedback!
    As Vaughan already mentioned before, were the options for popup-positioning removed when we updated/rebranded the plugin to "PopUp Pro".

Reason behind this is that most members did center the Pop-up on screen. Since the positioning option was hardly used at all we decided to remove it.
    However, a few voices reached us asking for that option again, so we will add a possibility to position Pop-ups in version 4.6.1.2 of the plugin (next release).

You will be able to position the Pop-up anywhere by adding the position to the functions.php file of your theme:

/**
     * Return value must be an array that has one or more of these properties:
     * left, right, top, bottom
     */
    function custom_position( $default, $popup_id ) {
    	switch ( $popup_id ) {
    		// ID 0 = preview in PopUp Editor.
    		case 0: return array( 'top' => 0 ); // left/right are undefined which means "centered"

// PopUp with ID 1
    		case 1: return array( 'bottom' => '10px', 'right' => '20%' ); //in lower right corner

// All other PopUps
    		default: return array( 'left' => '0' ); // at the left side, vertically centered
    	}
    	// No return value means default (centered on screen)
    }
    add_filter( 'popup-template-position', 'custom_position', 10, 2 );

Requirements:
    - PopUp must use one of the new styles (Minimal, Simple, Cabriolet)
    - PopUp must define a custom size

In case you want to use this function before the release then simply get in touch we'll provide you with the current release beta that includes this feature :wink:

Philipp

• Scott
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Another thing I just noticed while testing is I cannot figure out how to set it to fixed. My main popup I was using had a fixed position on the top right at a certain position. How would I do that now? It is like the new version pretty much wrecked what I had.

Could I get the beta version to test?

• Philipp Stracker
    • The Crimson Coder

Hi @BroScottcho,

since we were already testing and finalizing the release I did not send you the beta version. After you install the version 4.6.1.2 you can use the snippet from my last post to freely position your popups! :slight_smile:

Let us know if everything is working as you expect it to.

Thanks, Philipp

• Scott
      • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Mal,

Sadly it has not. I am still using the old version in order to use it how I and people with no css skill like it. I suggest using version 4.5.3 if you want to keep this functionality. It really is a bummer having to stay on an older version but that is what I have done.

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi there,

The plugin developer has said in previous replies as following.

Reason behind this is that most members did center the Pop-up on screen. Since the positioning option was hardly used at all we decided to remove it.
    However, a few voices reached us asking for that option again, so we will add a possibility to position Pop-ups in version 4.6.1.2 of the plugin (next release).

After you install the version 4.6.1.2 you can use the snippet from my last post to freely position your popups! :slight_smile:

So in the above replies the reason to remove the position plugin option is stated and therefore it hasn't been added in the latest version of plugin but if you are using the pop up pro plugin version 4.6.1.2 or grater than it then you can use the code snippet provided by the developer in his following reply to custom position the pop up as the plugin versions contain filters that allow custom positioning and styling of PopUps.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/popup-pro-what-happened-to-all-the-appearance-settings#post-736480

I will again move this topic over to the features & feedback section. This way it can be considered for future development depending how many members wants to use this option as a plugin option and not through using the shared code and we can also see what other community members think about the feature request.

Thanks,
    Vinod Dalvi

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.