Popup Referral link - Only show the popup if on the home page and if you arrive to a page via home

Hi!

I'm wondering what referral url I'd put in if I want to do the following:

1. The popup should show up if you go to the home page.

2. The popup should show if you go to another page via the home page.

---

It should not show if you arrive to another page via anywhere else.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Julien,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I check PopUp plugin and it seems that wouldn't be currently possible out of the box.

You can set the popup to show up only if a user came from a specific referrer but the "catch" here is that in case of a homepage the homepage would have to use a unique URL instead of just a "domain name".

I mean that the "domain.com/index.php" could be used for that while "domain.com" (which usually is a homepage URL) would cause the popup to be displayed when user comes to a page of your site from any other page of your site.

This condition however would also override the "On specific URL" condition that would be used to show popup on homepage only.

Therefore, that would require custom developed condition add-on for the plugin. Alternatively, though that would have to be custom coded as well, a solution like that may work:

- popup set to show up "always"
    - a JS script would be injected into site's footer and that code would track referrer hiding the popup if necessary

If you need help with custom coding that you may want to post a question on our "Jobs & Pros" job board (please note: no WPMU DEV staff involved!) here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/wordpress-development/

If you have any further questions on this, let me know please.

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.