popup registration plugin like you guys on wpmudev website have?

Hi,
Is there any plugin for popup registration(especially to be compatible with buddypress , and how to accomplish) and login like you guys have on your wpmudev website(username, pwd and email only)?
ALso I installed ultimate facebook plugin and I got all functioning done (I see button and all on login), but my theme itself has dropdown login space(can see on all the pages ) which I wanted to utilize and have facebook login button next to theme's login space. is there a code that I should call to do that and where I should write that ( like [wdfb_connect]?). ALso please address where to put the codes in such situations.

• PC

Hiya,

Thanks for posting on the forums.

wow that's a lot of different questions in a single thread :slight_smile: We always advise to avoid that to avoid confusion.

So let me simplify it :slight_smile:

Is there any plugin for popup registration(especially to be compatible with buddypress , and how to accomplish) and login like you guys have on your wpmudev website(username, pwd and email only)?

Unfortunately that is not achieved via a plugin which can be put for sale as its totally custom work.

You can use a plugin like : http://buddydev.com/plugins/bp-ajax-registration/ however.

is there a code that I should call to do that and where I should write that ( like [wdfb_connect]?). ALso please address where to put the codes in such situations.

You can add the below code to your header.php or any place where you want the button to appear.

<?php echo do_shortcode('[wdfb_connect]'); ?>

I hope that helps. Please feel free to ask if you have more questions on the same.

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

• mishrapj

Ok , call me old school, but when I pasted that code ,nothing happened, is there a specific page or place I should paste it?
    FYI I also tried editing header.php and welcome page by randomly pasting the provided code. I think I am terribly bad at this.

Well, I can see facebook signin button through wordpress directed login screen(which btw I got it through ultimate facebook plugin of yours and upon signing in, it gets through but doesn't shows your facebook avatar or name) but not in my custom made theme that I bought.
    Also if you could suggest some registration plugins:slight_smile:
    Sorry again multiple questions forya.

• mishrapj

Thanks a lot!
    I will try to use this and see if it solves my problem.

Without making it more confusing -
    I had problem with login initially and still do , and getting registration is also part of the same problem.
    I simply need signup button right next to login button (already have it in custom theme )+facebook login using wpmudev plugin (which should appear next to custom theme's login space but not in wp generated wp-login page (which I currently have and that too is not functional).

I know there are plugins ,but how do I achieve that in custom theme that I have? especially when I dont want to tweak wordpress generated login page(and use the one which is theme generated) and use facebook and normal registration next to that ?what is the code and where to put it?

• PC

Hello there,

Greetings and thanks for posting back.

I had problem with login initially and still do , and getting registration is also part of the same problem.
    I simply need signup button right next to login button (already have it in custom theme )+facebook login using wpmudev plugin (which should appear next to custom theme's login space but not in wp generated wp-login page (which I currently have and that too is not functional).

Adding it to a custom theme is not that simple if you don't know your way through the code. We can only guide you in the right direction and its you who will need to do things like adding the code.

what is the code and where to put it?

What is the link to your site ? Can you send me a copy of your theme so that I can test it on my lab site and see if I can get the right place to add the code ?

Please advise.

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.