Portfolio not working on site using ajb plugin

Hi

I have the AJB Portfolio plugin installed on a site and it is not working correctly. The galleries I create do not show in the page. The only way to make it work is to upload the file directly from the desktop into the page.

I have a dev site set up that you are welcome to look at - http://trindade.adamsnewmedia.co.uk/portfolio/

The one that says Testing - is the one added using the gallery feature.
The one that says - new portfolio post is has images added directly to the post by uploading.

Would you be able to offer any assistance with this issue

thanks

• Sajid

Hello Martin,
    Hope you are doing good today and warm welcome to WPMU DEV :slight_smile:

I am sorry but I am not familiar with AJB Portfolio plugin. In fact, I can not find on google either. The first result that came up while searching AJB Portfolio plugin is this thread on our site.

That sound like a plugin made for your site only. In this case please contact the plugin developer to get further assistance.

If its a known and free plugin, then please share the link here so I could install on my own site and try to provide some guidance if possible.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Sajid - WPMU DEV Support

• Martin

Hello ,

My aplogies - its https://en-gb.wordpress.org/plugins/portfolio/

This is the plugin that is installed.
    I looked at the page thats not working in firebug and its coming back with 2 JS errors but I dont know what they are or how to fix them. I would be able to give you site access if you think you might be able to fix this

It is strange as some of the earlier portfolio posts do actually work so this has worked in the past. I also installed duplicate post and cloned a portfolio post that was working and this also failed.

thanks

• Sajid

Hello Martin,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

I am sorry for delay on this ticket. It seems you have customized the portfolio plugin or using the Pro version of it.

I installed it on my own test site, created a test portfolio and it is working fine for me. I could easily add images from Add/Edit portfolio page by clicking on Add portfolio images link.

The front-end view is not as yours but it is displaying these images nicely there.

On your site, I can't see the JS errors in console either on front-end. It most like the issue is in backend, right ?

If yes, then the first thing we need to check for is plugins/theme conflict by running a plugin/theme conflict test as described in our getting support manual (flowchart). During this process you have to disable plugin and switch to default theme temporarily.

Once we know what exactly is conflicting with this plugin then we can try to fix it. Either by finding an alternative of that plugin or any other workaround.

Hope that helps! Feel free to post a reply if you need further assistance :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Sajid - WPMU DEV Support

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.