Portfolio Page Display - Mobile Loading (Apple)

Hey there,

[First of all, I selected the WPMU DEV Dashboard option in the menu above because that is the only option showing up for me - should all the plugins be showing up here?]

We just recently updated the portfolio (Work) section on our website. It's mostly working well, accept it seems to have a problem loading on apple phones.

This is the page: http://www.htkmarketing.com/our-work/

It loads just fine on the other devices but just seems to keep spinning on iPhones and not loading up. Is this a speed issue? Do you think installing the Hummingbird plugin on the site would help with this? I just signed up for this membership last week so I haven't installed any of your plugins yet, but plan to do so in the future.

Let me know what you think when you have time please.

Thank You,

Mark Huebsch | HTK Marketing
mhuebsch@htkmarketing.com | 218.216.8122

• Jude
    • DEV MAN

Howdy M Hipsh

First off welcome to the community !

I tried looking at this with a iPhone 6s, 6, & 5 screens, looks like it loads ok. The images are a bit out of aspect ratio but other than that it displays ok for me.

Do you think installing the Hummingbird plugin on the site would help with this?

This is a definite yes. Id recommend both Hummingbird and Smush Pro ( seeing your site uses images ) you will see significant gains in speed, both for the mobile as well as the desktop versions of the site.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/wp-smush-pro/

I just signed up for this membership last week so I haven't installed any of your plugins yet, but plan to do so in the future.

Feel free and get in touch anytime you need any info/clarification will be happy to help.

Cheers
    Jude

• M Hipsh
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Ok that sounds good. Thanks!
    I just installed hummingbird successfully but I get an error when trying to install Smush (see attached) - it only says 'message' but it doesn't lead me to any explanation. Do you know what the issue is here?

• M Hipsh

Oh shoot - nevermind - it looks like I've got it installed now. I think the error popped up because it had already been installed. Anyways I just started smushing my 723 attachments, I have a feeling this is going to help. Thanks I'll keep you posted and mark this as resolved after the smush is done and I test it out again.

• M Hipsh

Alright so I've got all the images smushed and have hummingbird active, but it's not loading on anybodys iPhone here (we've got a 4, 5, and 6) and the screen just continues to try loading but never does. Personally, i have an LG G3 and it loads instantly, as well as the people with samsung phones. We just tested it out on an iPad as well and it is not loading (same as iPhones). This seems like an issue with any apple product. Do you have suggestions? How else could I solve this? This is an important part of our site and needs to be functioning correctly.

Let me know please.

Thank You,

- Mark

• M Hipsh

So sorry to keep pestering about this. I have fixed the issue now. Our website runs on the JKreativ theme and within that theme there are options in the portfolio section for different ways to have the page load. Instead of having any fancy fading or expanding, i set both of the options back to normal and it is now functioning like it should. Thank you for letting me talk through this ha and sorry again about being somewhat annoying I'm sure. But it's all good now!

Thank You,

- Mark

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.