Portugal is not appearing in PayPal dropdown list in Pro Sites

I installed Pro Sites and I’ve enabled PayPal payment gateway on it, but I can’t see Portugal listed in the site's dropdown menu. Why is Portugal not listed on PayPal site dropdown? Is there any Restriction with Portugal country?

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello silvio

I hope you're well today!

That's a fair question and I admit I'm not sure why Portugal is not on a list. As far as I'm aware it's supported by PayPal. We had a feature request back in the past but it actually wasn't popular and the plugin would in fact work even if some other country was selected.

I do agree though that it should be there. As a temporary workaround, I have attached a .zip file to this post, which is one of the plugin's core files modified to provide Portugal on a list. To apply it to the site:

- download the file and extract it to your local drive
    - access your WP install via FTP or cPanel "File Manager"
    - go to the "/wp-content/plugins/pro-sites/pro-sites-files/gateways/" folder
    - rename the "gateway-paypal-express-pro.php" file to e.g. "gateway-paypal-express-pro.php.OLD" (to keep a copy in case my patch didn't work as expected)
    - upload the "gateway-paypal-express-pro.php" file from inside the zip that I provided to the server (to the /wp-content/plugins/pro-sites/pro-sites-files/gateways folder)

Once that's done, please go to the PayPal settings in plugin again and you should see Portugal on a list. Please select it and double-check if the plugin is working fine. If you can confirm that, I'll report it to our developers and submit the file as a patch to our repository so it could be included in future updates.

Best regards,
    Adam