POS for Multisite MarketPlace Plugin

Hi,
I am trying to create a Point of Sale (POS) page function for my Multisite Shops.
I have tried to install the wooCommerce POS but it is asking for the full wooCommerce plugin which will clash with MarketPlace which i am using now.
Please let me know what other POS plugin that I can consider for Shops to use as a instore purchase cashier checkout page.

Thanks,
KC

• Luís

Hi KC ,

Hope you're doing well today!

Unfortunately, there is no option to integrate any Point of Sale (POS) plugin. All the plugins I searched were developed to Woocommerce and requires it.

In Store Settings -> General, "Advanced Settings" section, you can change the "post type" of MarketPress to avoid conflicts, however, not sure if will work with the plugin you mentioned and try it, I would suggest to create a staging website or make a backup before try it.

However, I think this would be a great feature to the "MarketPress" project, so, I've just moved this over to our Features and Feedback section, so it can be taken into consideration for the next plugin updates.

Hopefully some other members will show their support for the feature too, the more members that ask for it the sooner it will happen.

Cheers, Luís

• KC

Hi Luis,
    Thanks for the reply.

I would like to keep the core of WPMUdev plugins for the Multisite, DomainMapping, ProSites for the business model that I am building. The POS function is a key component that I must implement.

Will there be any service impact if I switch over from MarketPress over to wooCommerce? The main consideration is to maintain each Store to manage their store theme, own product, reward points, membership and check out method.

Regards,
    KC

• Jude

Hey KC

Hope all is well with you !

Will there be any service impact if I switch over from MarketPress over to wooCommerce? The main consideration is to maintain each Store to manage their store theme, own product, reward points, membership and check out method.

If you mean service from WPMU DEV, then we'd still support the rest of your stack as well as help you with anything basic with Woo Commerce as well as per our support policy here

If you mean in terms of the plugins working together, You should be fine as long as you don't network activate them and also keep only one of them active on a specific sub site.

Cheers
    Jude

• Dimitris

Hey there KC,

hope you're having a beautiful day and don't mind chiming in! :slight_smile:

You mention " didn't network activate plugin" for these wooCommerce types. Are there any work around? I need to minimise the admin role of the Shop owner and they expect to go straight into loading products and start selling. Is there a script that I can set to auto run whenever a new ShopSite is added?

I firmly believe that at least WooCommerce can be network activated, but this isn't equal to a global cart functionality as it's being setting up in a per site basis.
    Using the Premium Plugins from Pro Sites modules should do the trick for you. :wink:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/pro-sites/#usage

About other Woo extension plugins, you should test how they work in a multisite environment and if they maintain its settings in a per-site basis also.

Kind regards,
    Dimitris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.