Position moves when page scrolls

Hi guys, here's a link to one of my post for you to see the position changes in action. http://flme.ch/ua7

When the bar is at the top, continue scrolling down to notice that the buttons are jerking.

I've checked the CSS and noted the "top" and "left" values are constantly changing. This is the cause to the jerkiness.

I've checked other themes as well, and while this does not occur on some themes, on other themes it did occur as well.

Please kindly look into it. Thanks!

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi flashmech,

I took a look using the webkit-based browsers, Chrome and Safari, and it renders perfectly there, no jerkiness. Meanwhile IE 9 had a bit of vertical jerkiness and using Firefox I noticed more serious jerkiness in general. Also, the site began to render but then just stopped displaying altogether in Opera, not sure if that's something you'd want to look into.

It seems it may just have to do with how the different browsers handle the movement. Though it's odd there'd be changes in the values of the left position of the div as you mentioned.

I also can't seem to replicate that in a test site. Are you sure this isn't something theme specific?

-David

• flashmech
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Thanks for the thorough investigation David.

Yup I did test it on some themes that I have from the 133 pack. Some behaved exactly as the one I use (Cutline), while the rest did not.

It just MAY be the themes. :slight_frown:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.