Positive and Negative Rules in Membership Setup

Hi,

I have a site that was using a different membership plugin, and I am working on setting it up with Membership. We technically only have 1 level (you are a member, or you are not). But from what I see I will need to create 3 access levels - 1 for visitors, 1 for our Free Samples, and 1 for Members (correct?)

My question is more about the positive and negative rules. If I want Members to be able to access members only pages plus any public pages, but visitors to only have access to public pages, can I accomplish this with just negative rules - by placing a negative rule in visitors blocking them from the Members only pages? Or do I have to set a positive rule for all pages too?

Hope that makes sense. Thanks - Matt

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there Matt (@imelements)

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

That is indeed correct with regards to the levels you'll need, Visitor, Premium, Free sample :slight_smile:

Then with regards to the rules, you could use just positive, just negative or advance. I wouldn't recommend going with advance personally, rather choose positive or negative.

You can indeed negative rules on the visitor access level to block from the membership pages, or you can use positive rules on the membership access level to give them access, as giving them access, will in effect block the visitor from visiting/accessing it.

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.