Possible big load of users

So, as I work on editing my theme the way I want it a thought occured to me as my site... has the potential... hopefully.... of drawing major amounts of viewers so speed is a concern as well as everything else... not to mention I wanna list high on google so once again speed....

Since Im doing a lot of work in the header.php for instance... how much faster does static load then dynamic... I mean if I hardcode for instance my menu system into the header would I see much improvement over using the menu system in wordpress, not to mention if I have to try to get some custom php variable into a file somewhere.

• DavidM

Hi LCDist,

From a technical standpoint, a hard-coded menu would be faster than a dynamically generated one but I'm not aware myself of how stark the difference would be.

I just found an article mentioning hard-coding the menu among a few other items such as your main site's name for instance.
    http://churchm.ag/increase-wordpress-speed/

Very interesting considerations that would seem to work well as a whole for your main site, though of course, changes in your menus or otherwise hard-coded elements would always have to be hard-coded again.

Just to mention, another consideration I've seen make some rather drastic differences in loading times is CDN usage for media.

Cheers,
    David

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.