Possible Bug ?

Hi,

I've just installed the Plugin Sites Categories

But after adding some Blogs on categories for testing, i can't click anywhere on the page. All's blank ?
http://weboblog.com/les-weboblogs/

When i insert a Blog on a category, it's good, the systeme say OK.
But on the plugin settings, i don't see any added Blog.

It seem this is a problem with database.
Because i don't see any table for this plugin on my DB ?

Do you have an idea or an issue ?

I'm using Buddypress, Prosites, and the buddypress social theme.

Thank you.

Bertrand

• Paul

@slife,

First to answer your question on the database. The Site Categories plugin does now use or need custom database tables. How it works is on your primary blog a custom Taxonomy is registered. The Taxonomy functions much like the default post categories and tags used for Posts.

I've viewed the link you provided and agree none of the items are clickable. Appears you have selected the Grid layout from Site Categories. If you change to some other layout like lists do things change? Normally the links are only clickable IF there are blogs associated with the site category.

in your wp-admin go to the primary blog. The Site Categories > Site Categories where you should see the listing of categories and in the far column showing the number of blogs associated with the category term. Can you provide a screenshot to show that some have been properly set?

• slife

Thank you Paul and Patrick !

I will do some tests with your advises and come back.
    OK for the DB, thank you.

Paul, chat plugin is only activated for connected members.
    But since the latest version, the warning message disappear !

The previous version of this plugin give a text like : "You need to connect" when you try to open the bottom corner. but he's back since the new version :slight_frown:

I will investiguate too on javascript possible problems..

p.s : column showing the number of blogs associated with the category term is empty

• Paul

The previous version of this plugin give a text like : "You need to connect" when you try to open the bottom corner. but he's back since the new version :slight_frown:

This is about to be patched. I have worked with some other members to get the latest changes test. Just need to get the master plugin updated and pushed to members.

column showing the number of blogs associated with the category term is empty

Then that will explain why the site categories are not clickable. pick a blog. Go to Settings > Site Categories. There you should see a set of Dropdown options to select the Site Categories for the current blog. Save the page. Then go back to the listing to see if these selected categories are now clickable.

Let us know. Thanks.

• slife

Hello hello,

I give you some news :wink:

I don't know why, but since the last update of Buddypress, i can now add Blogs on site-categories and show them on admin Panel... Anyway, it's a good think ! lol

I have a last problem, maybe you can help me ?

1/ I add 1 blog on a category
    2/ I show him on my admin panel
    3/ I show him on the main page : http://weboblog.com/les-weboblogs/

On the first category "Affaires et Economies" ==> 1st Sub-category ==> Actu économique Bourse... (2 blogs inside)

4/ When i want to go in the sub-category, i have an "acces page denied or not found".

I have the same advertising when i click on the sub-category in the settings admin panel.

Someone have an idea ?
    (screenshot attachment)

Thank you.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.