Possible bug concerning service providers and wp nicknames

I was having trouble setting up service providers. Turned out the problem was 2 users with the same nickname. As soon as I changed one, I was able to create service providers fine.

So far I’m *loving* this plugin.

• Hakan
    • The Incredible Smush

Hi,

I tested this and I couldn’t see a problem. Well, having same display names may be confusing in the service provider list, but even if this is the case this shouldn’t cause a problem as far as A+ concerned, because A+ doesn’t rely on display or nicknames. It just uses user ID’s.

As Tim has already noted, if you are still having issues, please let us know.

Cheers,

Hakan

• cdgweb
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Actually, for some reason I had 2 accounts with the same display name and the same email (which I must have set at some point, though it shouldn’t have been possible). I noticed another forum post with the person having the same problem. But in my case it no longer exists.

Incidentally, I’m a one-person shop. The only reason I set up a service provider is because it shows up in the output and I thought it looked silly to have a dropdown menu with no options. Possibly for the future only show that section on the appointment page if a service provider has been defined.

Wow… a new version since In installed yesterday morning. Cool.

• Hakan
    • The Incredible Smush

Hi,

If you don’t need service provider dropdown, you can simply remove its shortcode. Then you can save from the td area it is occupying. A+ cannot do this itself as td is on the page content; it is not controlled by the plugin once it is added there.

Cheers,

Hakan

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.