possible Defender and BP group Chat conflict ?

if all 'hardening' options are turned on in Defender it seems to prevent BuddyPress Group chat from loading.
if i delete all the .htaccess files that i can find that seemed to have been created by Defender and deactivate Defender then the Group chat opens fine.

i was also having other strange issues with chat such as only the 'wordpress AJAX' being available and not the 'plugin AJAX' etc.not sure if they are all related but can i request some investigation and advise on these two plugins please ?

kind regards.

Rupok

Hi amused

Hope you had a wonderful day.

if all 'hardening' options are turned on in Defender it seems to prevent BuddyPress Group chat from loading

Can you please give us a complete guide following which we can regenerate the issue on our sites too? Can you also give specific URLs where we can see the issue live? Is your one a live site? Can I make some tests by disabling the WP Defender plugin?

only the 'wordpress AJAX' being available and not the 'plugin AJAX' etc.

Can you please add little more details about the issue? That will help us to understand the issue better and give you solution faster.

I'm looking forward to hear from you and resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

amused

support access is granted and the site is live and mentioned/chosen when starting this ticket.
    mateuscamacho.me
    currently testing so feel free to try it out.
    however !!!
    another more serious issue is Defender also locks up the site when activating or even reverting a couple of the hardening options.
    FTP, cpanel , and cpanel file editor runs very slow to the point of unusable.
    so its hard to change the defender file name in an effort to deactivate the plugin or even delete it to get the site back up.
    this is really disappointing.
    seems Defender is not coming to my defense but rather giving me more grey hair.
    now this has happened a few times actually and there was one occasion it did not happen but still took very long to load the hardening options.
    and i am not even on a shared hosting but rather SiteGround 'Cloud' which is pretty powerful.
    i made sure to have all caching turned off for proper testing till i am done.

as to a guide i am not sure how to better explain myself,
    basically i have different tabs open in my browser, network admin, main admin, and front end group chat ; http://www.mateuscamacho.me/groups/call-of-duty/groupchat/
    if i activate Defender and turn on the hardening options and reload the chat page (in separate tab) you will see the chat does not open.
    thanks for such a quick reply Rupok i hope we can get to the root cause.

kind regards.

Hoang Ngo

@rc5,

I've checked your site, looking around, and the site speed seems fine for me.

Perhaps when you activated the plugin, your site running backup or something like that? It's very unlikely a PHP application can slowdown your FTP and cPanel, as they are separate process, and PHP can only use limited system resource.

I'm checking with the developer of the Chat plugin, let's see

Thanks for your info.

Best regards,
    Hoang