Possible "promiscuious" call to a supporting library.

I've been experimenting with another plugin that ships files to Amazon S3.

If Snapshot Pro is activated then the other plugin fails. It reports that a library is already being loaded. The library might have the name CFrun: this is the string output in the other plugins' error message.

If I deactivate Snapshot Pro, then the other plugin functions as expected, without generating error messages.

I did a quick grep through the Snapshot Pro directory, but couldn't immediately see the string
"cfrun". But I'm probably just missing it.

I suspect that a library is being called using 'require' or 'include' instead of 'require_once' or 'include_once'. So a library is probably being twice.
The double-inclusion of the library might be being picked up by the other plugin, which then throws an error to prevent conflicting versions of the same library loading.

Just an hypothesis.

But if hypothesis is correct, then Snapshot Pro might possibly interfere with other plugins that use the same library. If so, then it might be possible to add safeties into Snapshot Pro to prevent this from happening.

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi Sunil,

Sorry to hear of the problem you are having.

We have to first troubleshoot and reproduce the issue to resolve it.

Could you please tell me which another plugin are using along with Snapshot Pro that is causing this issue?

Please share me the exact error message that you are getting and let me know where are you getting it.

If it still generating on your site then would you mind if I logged in to your site and did some troubleshooting? This might help get to the bottom of this faster. If this is ok, just grant me temporary admin access to your site by clicking "Grant Access" button in the WPMU DEV Dashboard Settings as described on the following page and reply on this thread after granting it?

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Kind Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Sunil

Hi Vinod.
    I'm not getting the issue presently because for the moment I've disabled Snapshot Pro.

The other plugin is BackupBuddy by ithemes.

I can't give access to my site admin at the moment. Some of the plugins I'm using tend to lose conf when they are deactivated and reactivated again.

To replicate the issue you can set up a dev site and install both plugins.

To be clear: this isn't an issue for me individually. I've solved my problem.
    But this could be an issue for anyone using Snapshot Pro with any other plugin that uses Amazons's SDK to connect to S3.

A possible solution would be to not to automatically include the SDK from within Snapshot.
    But rather to include it conditionally, after performing a couple of checks:

* Is the Amazon SDK being included by another product?
    * Is the already-included library the same version as the one included by Snapshot?

Then, if compat = true: don't include the library again.

Thoughts?

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi Sunil,

Thank you for your valuable reply.

A possible solution would be to not to automatically include the SDK from within Snapshot.
    But rather to include it conditionally, after performing a couple of checks:

* Is the Amazon SDK being included by another product?
    * Is the already-included library the same version as the one included by Snapshot?

Then, if compat = true: don't include the library again.

I have notified this to the plugin developer and moved this over to the features & feedback section. This way it can be considered for future development, and we can also see what other community members think about the feature request.

Thanks,
    Vinod Dalvi