Possible Smush Issue

I am uploading images to my site to use with my theme and they are not displaying correctly. The reason why I think this is that I have been using uptime.com to test the speed of my website and it says I should optimize my images. Smush hasn't prompted any errors but i still get the image optimization prompt.

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hello there Drew,

hope you're doing well today! :slight_smile:

I checked your website using the Google PageSpeed Insights as the uptime.com aren't providing any information about image sizes.
    The test didn't return anything bad about the image sizes:

Could you please let me know if this is still happening and how I could see the notices that you are mentioning? Please advise!

Also, if you're still require assistance on this and in order to have a better look at your installation, could you please grant temporary support access via WPMUDEV Dashboard plugin? No need to share any WP admin credentials, just navigate in WP admin area under WPMU DEV -> Support page and click on the "grant support access" button. You can find detailed information about it here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/getting-started/getting-support/#chapter-5
    Please do reply back here when access is granted because we don't get any notifications about it.

Thank you,
    Dimitris

• Drew
    • Cache Me Outside

Sorry for the delayed response!

I just got off the horn with support and I am going to run the plugin test. But if you would like to see what I'm talking about --> dudedope.com

When I customize my theme options, the logo image appears to be broken (has the torn picture icon) and when I choose a background image, it doesn't show up in the background. The links to the s3 bucket (I'm using Media Offload) are pointing to the correct images. So I don't know what the issue is?

The Smush plugin also tells me that I need to opimize images (the score is below 40)

and I have activated the Support module. Good for 5 days :smiley:

• Drew
    • Cache Me Outside

Also to add, even with my blog, the post images I have deleted but there seems to be a cache trying to use the old images (the torn image icon shows on the posts as well). But this could all be stemming from my end. I will try to do everything I can on my end to rule it out.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.