Possible User Syncronization glitch: No user roles

A week ago, all the users on my secondary site warwickpost.com/listings (whom User Synchronization grants user access to the main site Warwickpost.com) were reverted to "user has no role for this site".

This happened shortly after an update of all the plugins - any ideas on what the issue may be?

Rob

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Rob, hope you're doing well today! :slight_smile:

When you say:

This happened shortly after an update of all the plugins

Are you referring to only our plugins, or were there any third party plugins updated around that time as well?

That's definitely an odd issue to run into, but due to the... fuzzy nature of the situation (that being that we don't have a specific plugin to tie this to), what I'd advise for the time being would be to try updating your plugins individually, and seeing if this issue shows up again.

You were able to change the users back to having a role on the affected subsite, correct?

Please advise,
    Michael

• Rob

Hi, Michael - Actually, the problem is ongoing. We've disabled every plugin on the site and haven't had any luck restoring the users' roles.

The plugins updated were all third party. I don't think any of the WPMU Dev plugins were updated, come to think of it. But, this is the only plugin in the system that can assign roles to all the users of either site, so I was hoping this was a known issue.

Rob

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Rob, thanks for your patience here! :slight_smile:

This is the first time I've personally heard of this occurring, though it would seem that updating one of the third-party plugins disrupted things somehow.

I would like to ask though, when you say that you haven't been able to restore the roles, could you elaborate as to what's going on with that? Is it not letting you change the role for a user for some reason, or is there something else up?

I'd like to have a closer look at what's going on, could you please send in the following:

- Mark to my attention, the subject line should contain only: ATTN: Michael Bissett
    - Do not include anything else in the subject line, doing so may delay our response due to how email filtering works.
    - Link back to this thread
    - Include WordPress admin access details
    - Include FTP log-in details
    - Include cPanel details (just in case we need to look at the database here via phpMyAdmin)
    - Include any relevant URLs for your site

On the contact form, select "I have a different question", this ensures it comes through and gets assigned to me.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Thanks! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.