Possible things to check when 'events' and 'comments' don't show

We have the app all set up and we can see recommendations coming through in the widget but no events (future or past) or comments.

What we want is our app page comments to appear on the website and the events created on our app page to appear as well.

The login via Facebook is also working so has us baffled.

Any help appreciated.

• PC

Hiya,

Greetings and thanks for posting on the forums.

We have the app all set up and we can see recommendations coming through in the widget but no events (future or past) or comments.

Have you selected the right account to pull events from ?

What we want is our app page comments to appear on the website and the events created on our app page to appear as well.

The comments will only be imported from the posts shared to your site using the Ultimate Facebook plugin.

The login via Facebook is also working so has us baffled.

What is the issue you are facing with that ? Not working ? Please advise so that we can get it fixed.

The best way to start is reading here : https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/ultimate-facebook#usage

Cheers, PC

• andrew_mayberry

Have you selected the right account to pull events from ?

Yes, we even started again, just to be sure.

The comments will only be imported from the posts shared to your site using the Ultimate Facebook plugin

Oh, so there's no way to have the facebook posts appear on the website using this plugin?

What is the issue you are facing with that ? Not working ? Please advise so that we can get it fixed.

Sorry, what I meant was that some of the plugin features appear to be working, but not all and this is the frustrating part. We have used this plugin on other sites, and it has worked flawlessly, so I am confused.

As the site is set up as a eCommerce/CMS and not a blog, perhap the UFB plugin is not the right one for us and we should hardcode the Facebook 'Like' buttons onto the product pages and add a Facebook comments widget manually?

• PC

Hiya,

Oh, so there's no way to have the facebook posts appear on the website using this plugin?

The plugin will only fetch the comments on the posts shared from your site to facebook. as that is the only thing which is shared via your facebook app to your facebook profile.

Sorry, what I meant was that some of the plugin features appear to be working, but not all and this is the frustrating part. We have used this plugin on other sites, and it has worked flawlessly, so I am confused.

It might be an issue with the settings as plugin works differently from others. I can have a closer look on the settings if you want.

As the site is set up as a eCommerce/CMS and not a blog, perhap the UFB plugin is not the right one for us and we should hardcode the Facebook 'Like' buttons onto the product pages and add a Facebook comments widget manually?

If you just want the like option, you can use Floating Social to do that.

However, you can share those product posts to facebook and if someone comments on them on facebook, they will be imported to your site.

Cheers, PC

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.