Possible to create a text slider?

Hi,

Hope all's well.

I would like to add reviews to my site. Nothing fancy, just a revolving slider.

I understand I can create an image and add text, then add to the slider. But for SEO purposes and rendering clarity it would be much better if I could somehow just add plain text to a slider.

Does Upfront have such a facility?

You can see what I'm trying to achieve if you scroll down to the reviews section on my other site: https://www.vintageheirloom.com/

Thanks for looking!
Kevin

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Kevin,

I hope you're well today!

Mmm boo, that's a shame. I don't want to add other plugins (conflicts, slows down website etc), especially for one functionality.

As my colleague Predrag said, currently such a feature is not supported by built-in Upfront slider. You may however try a workaround. I think you could try adding either fully transparent (transparent .png) or "empty" (just a solid color the same as background) images with captions and set captions to be shown over slide. Captions would then be your text. Please note though that this is just an idea of a possible workaround so you will want to test it for yourself to see if this would do the trick for you.

Could you please update your slider to do this?

That's definitely a great idea so I'm moving this thread to our "Features and Feedback" forum and hopefully more members of our community will vote for it. If it gains enough support it will be added by our developers to the future features list and implemented with one of future Upfront releases. I'm not able to give you any ETA on this so let's hope that other WPMU DEV members will also find that a handy feature.

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.