possible to disable subscription and separate subscription

Hi,
I have 2 different subscription options for 2 different posts with protected content. I was wonderig if it's possible to somehow disable or hide the subscription in the register page once they paid access to it. For example, if i subscribed to post 1 and i can see conent for post 1, i shouldn't see the option to subscribe to that same post in the register page anymore unless my subscription is over.

Also, is it possible to separate the subscriptions so they don't all appear on one page. So if i have a subscription option for "oranges" to view content for "oranges", and i have a subscription for "carrots", is it possible to separate those instead of having them all together? Thanks in advance.

• MasatoEM

I see what you are getting at. As far as I know, I only see this as an option:

- Disable registration page on sign up
    - Allow upgrade to subscription

There might have to be a little further of a work around for this, you may have to grab links, and copy them

For example:
    - Subscription one's sign up page link, you place in the account page, with protection tags
    - User is subscribed to oranges, so content to link to oranges subscription is hidden
    - User is not subscribed to carrots, user sees link for carrots

I'm not 100% that this will work, however it's all I can think to do. I myself remove registration page entirely, and do not allow upgrading the account.

• aecnu

Greetings thomasjono,

Thank you for the great questions concerning the Membership plugin and concerning is it possible as you asked a few times, anything is possible when one is a competent coder with a vision and the will to get the job done - and I am not a coder.

With that truth said, lets dig in.

I was wonderig if it's possible to somehow disable or hide the subscription in the register page once they paid access to it.

I can help with giving a direction for custom registration pages but this indeed seems like a funny question due to the behavior you are trying to say someone would do - go to the registration page, register for a subscription and then turn around and go back to the registration page and register for the same subscription even though they already have a subscription?

The only way to possibly make this happen in my mind is if they are logged into the membership site and go to the registration page which truly does not make sense and if they are that ignorant what is to prevent them from going to the registration page when they are not logged in?

Nothing in the world can prevent that except perhaps taking their computer away from them ... lol

Also, is it possible to separate the subscriptions so they don't all appear on one page. So if i have a subscription option for "oranges" to view content for "oranges", and i have a subscription for "carrots", is it possible to separate those instead of having them all together?

To override any of the pages generated by membership with your own you can easily define the following in your wp-config

MEMBERSHIP_ACCOUNT_FORM
    MEMBERSHIP_REGISTRATION_FORM
    MEMBERSHIP_SUBSCRIPTION_FORM
    MEMBERSHIP_MEMBER_FORM
    MEMBERSHIP_UPGRADE_FORM
    MEMBERSHIP_RENEW_FORM
    MEMBERSHIP_PAYMENT_FORM

Usage: define('MEMBERSHIP_****_FORM','/full/server/path/to/file/');

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member and have a GREAT weekend!

Cheers, Joe

• thomasjono

Hi @aecnu,

Thanks for your response. I know the first question sounds funny and it makes total sense that it would be kind of stupid for the customer to go back to the registration page to buy the same subscription after they bought it already, but based on the different levels of subscription and hidden content, if a customer paid for one subscription and they also want to pay for another to access a different level and if the subscription that they paid for already is displayed, they could end up paying for it again. Considering all subscriptions are on the same page, hence both my first question and second question co-relate. I'm just trying to avoid confusion for the customer, and there could be a lot of "stupid" customers out there.

I've seen some membership sites where there's a selection of options to pay for, for example, 3 different selections (pay for item1, pay for item 2, pay for item 3), and I paid for item 1. When I get access to item 1 in my account, i have the option to pay for items 2 and 3, but item 1 is disabled (shows an X) because I am accessing it already. I just thought that as a customer it is a clear indication that I have paid for it already, that's all :slight_smile: And of course, I figure this plugin would kind of do something similar if possible.

I will look into how to integrate the subscription separation with the reference to the code you provided me. Thanks, and I apologize if my questions do sound funny lol...

Regards,
    Thomas

• thomasjono

Hi @aecnu,

Actually, if you could point me in the right direction as to how to use the "define" method in the wp-config file with a page template, that would be much appreciated :slight_smile: I'm struggling to figure that out. I've tried to do a page template include for a renamed file in the membership core (test.subscription.form.php) for the subscribe form and it's giving me errors. Thanks in advanced.

• aecnu

Greetings thomasjono,

Thank you for the additional input in which this:

but based on the different levels of subscription and hidden content, if a customer paid for one subscription and they also want to pay for another to access a different level and if the subscription that they paid for already is displayed, they could end up paying for it again. Considering all subscriptions are on the same page, hence both my first question and second question co-relate.

Fantastic stuff there but here may be the deal breaker for this item now that I understand the "why" as well, the client can only have one subscription at a time.

They cannot have two subscriptions at any single moment in time, except if they create a new user name and use a different email account.

Let me know now that we have uncovered a major stumbling block within the plan itself and execution of the plan thereof.

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.