Possible to give Multisite subdomains their own .html and .php files?

Here is my question:

On my network, I have one particular site I am trying to import in which has quite a few customized html and php files in addition the the vanilla WP stuff (pages, posts, plugins etc. etc.)

Is it possible for me to upload these html and php files into the blogs.dir/*Site#* and have them work properly? (Or anywhere for that matter)

I have tried with a few files and they just return 404 errors.

I really hope it is possible to accomplish this?

Please let me know if anyone knows the way to do this, or if I need to elaborate on my question.

Thanks!

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Middleearth,

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Is it possible for me to upload these html and php files into the blogs.dir/*Site#* and have them work properly? (Or anywhere for that matter)

I have tried with a few files and they just return 404 errors.

I really hope it is possible to accomplish this?

No there is no way to do this that I am aware of. However, I'll see if I can get our lead developer in here to assist / give you some advice on this possibility.

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

• ThePath
    • The Bug Hunter

Hi Middleearth,

You would have to just customise your WP theme i.e. make page templates to fit your needs.

What do you mean by Vanilla WP stuff? Are you talking about the tabbed widget called Vanilla which was on a tuts site? If so I made a handy plugin based on it which you can install easily from your dashboard: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/thepath-tabbed-widget/

If you need further guidance about page templates then dont hesitate to ask.

• Jonathan
    • The Incredible Code Injector

@Middleearth,

Yes, it is possible... I know only that php will work but you need to add some code to them...

You need to load the WordPress Environment and Template structure
    require('../absolute path to wordpress header file/wp-blog-header.php');

Example:
    file url: wordpress folder/custom/gandalf.php
    url: yourdomain.com/custom/gandalf.php

<?php
    	require('../wp-blog-header.php');
    	get_header();
    ?>
    	<h1>This is a test</h1>

<?php get_sidebar(); ?>

<?php get_footer(); ?>

Hope that sorta helps you, you will need to play around with it.

Jonathan

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Middleearth,

Just touching base with you to check on your progress with this thread.

I am going to mark it as resolved for house keeping purposes and if this thread is not resolved because the suggested action did not work or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Thank for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.