Possible to sync Multiple sites to one site?

I would like to sync two sites users to a third site.

• Tyler Postle

Hey Pixel,

Hope you're doing well today and thanks for your question.

Yes, with User Sync you have 1 master site and you can link as many sites as you like to that 1 sites user base :slight_smile:

So long as the user is on the master site then you can sync it to multiple sites.

If you are wanting users from 2 separate sites with different users to sync to one site then that won't be possible as you can only have 1 master site; however, it sounds like that might be a better case for Multisite where all sites share 1 database. Would that work?

Let me know if you have any further questions here Pixel.

All the best,
    Tyler

• Tyler Postle

Hey Marketermatt,

Hope you're doing well today.

Yes, it isn't possible through our User Sync plugin to have 2 master sites.

Are you wanting to keep them all constantly synced? Or do you want to just get the users that are currently on a and b over to c?

If you're just wanting to do a one-time move then you could first setup B as the master and A as the slave then import to A, then uninstall user sync and re-install it on A and C then sync A to C. That way all your users are now on C and you could still maintain the link between A and C too if you needed to for any reason.

My suggestion above was to use Multisite instead, as that way you could have 3 sites all connected to the same database sharing the same users.

Hope that helps!

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Tyler Postle

Hey Marketermatt,

Thanks for the reply. The only way to have 2 master sites both syncing to one slave would be to customize the plugin to do so and it would likely require quite a bit of development. Running two instances of the plugin would cause a conflict - so I don't think that will work for you.

Also, I'm having issues syncing users as I have 6000+ Can you tell me what I should do to get around the timeout issues I'm running into trying to sync that many users?

Have you already tried increasing your max timeout? I would try increasing it to something really high just temporarily, such as 3600 seconds: http://codex.wordpress.org/Common_WordPress_Errors#Maximum_execution_time_exceeded

You can always change it back after as generally having a lower timeout is safer, avoid your server crashing.

Hope that helps! If you do still have further questions just let us know.

All the best,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.