possible to work on non mu?

Is it possible to get this working on a normal wp site? Seems to install fine but doesn't show up on the tools menu.

• Swapnil

Hello WP Tech,

I don't think I understood your point here. The Domain Mapping Plugins is typically used to map subsites on a network to another domain. In a non-multisite structure, how do you plan to use this? You would already have a domain mapped in this case, (talking about the general scenario) and even if you need to use more than one domains for the same site, you won't need domain mapping to get that done.

Can you please elaborate? Did I miss something?

Regards,
    Swapnil V. Patil

• WP Tech

Yes, I hoped to map numerous domains to the same site so it would work under domain1.com and domain2.com. The plugin looks as if it's built for this and works for this on sites using it on MU. It allows numerous domains to be mapped to the site and even has drop down settings on how they should be handled.

FYI, yes I know this practice is not ideal for seo. 301s will not work for my purpose.

My ultimate goal is to show different version of the same site based on referral source or something.

Thanks,
    Ryan

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.