Post formatting disappears in published post

I wrote a blog posthttp://visitwarwickri.com/blog/attractions/nates-pick-pick-launch-indoor-trampoline-park/#more-309

The post is formatted properly in the text and visual editor with proper spacing and bullet points however when it is published it does not seem to be properly formatted. Any advice would be helpful.

Thank you Marc

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hey there @marcreece

Welcome to the forums, glad to have you aboard!

Is is likely due to the fact that the visual editor does not render the actual layout that you will observe on your site. The visual editor in WordPress does not use your theme's style-sheet unfortunately.

The only way to truly preview what your post will look like before publishing it is to use the preview button in the editor.

• marcreece
    • New Recruit

HI Patrick, the problem is that the wysiwyg editor is formatting the posts correctly. Wen the post is published the formatting goes to heck in a hand basket. So it looks correct in the visual editor just not once it is published.

Thanks for your help

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi again @marcreece

Terribly sorry about the delay here. Concerns for family health issues have kept me away from the forums quite a bit these last few weeks.

As I mentioned in my reply above, do not rely on the visual editor to compose your layout. I guarantee that it will not look the same on your site once published for the reasons I outlined.

The only way to truly preview your post while you're writing it is to click the "Preview" button periodically to view what the post will actually look like once published.

However, to help clarify "the formatting goes to heck in a hand basket", could you post screenshots of what yout layout looks like in the visual editor and once published please?

Actually seeing the difference would help to know if there may be something else interfering.

Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.