Post Indexer - Index Result Statistics Blank on All Sites

We're hoping to use the Global Search plugin on our site and following the instructions we set up the Post Indexer first. We activated with via the Network and started it indexing last night.

As of today when we click on Statistics for any of the sites, the window frame pops up and shows the title "Site Index Summary" and nothing is displayed in the window below.

Thanks for your help

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Matt Smith, hope you're doing well today! :slight_smile:

Just to be certain, inside your Network Dashboard, if you go to:

Settings -> Post Indexer

Are the statistics there also empty? (it sounds like they should be, but it doesn't hurt to check)

If so, could you insert the following define into your site's wp-config.php:

define('PI_CRON_DEBUG', true);

And then rebuild the index? We'll want to know what the cron log has to say once some time has passed.

I should also ask, have you disabled the WordPress Cron service by using a define like this:

define( 'DISABLE_WP_CRON', true );

Please advise,
    Michael

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Matt Smith, thanks for the update! :slight_smile:

Hmm... there should be some sort of cron activity taking place, I'm curious as to whether the WordPress cron isn't firing here.

I'd like to have a closer look at what's going on, could you please send in the following via our secure contact form:

- Mark to my attention, the subject line should contain only: ATTN: Michael Bissett
    - Do not include anything else in the subject line, doing so may delay our response due to how email filtering works.
    - Link back to this thread
    - Include WordPress network admin access details (login address, username & password)
    - Include FTP log-in details (hostname, username & password)
    - Include any relevant URLs for your site

On the contact form (linked to below), please select "I have a different question", this ensures it comes through and gets assigned to me.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Thanks a bunch! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Matt Smith,

After digging into this here, it seems like the default WordPress cron system wasn't working properly for a long time, I was seeing cron entries from last year inside of the WP Crontrol plugin I installed on your network for debugging, along with this message:

There was a problem spawning a call to the WP-Cron system on your site. This means WP-Cron jobs on your site may not work. The problem was:
    couldn't connect to host

I was able to get things back up and running by switching to the alternate cron method inside of your wp-config.php:

define( 'ALTERNATE_WP_CRON', true );

As well as bumping up the memory for your site (just increasing the memory didn't seem to do the trick):

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

And now, I can see that your posts on your network have been indexed. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.