Post Indexer not aggregating tags/categories

Hi,
Post Indexer does not seem to be aggregating tags or categories. It is indexing my sites and posts, just not the tags or categories. Is there a setting I need to change or another plugin I should be using? I want to use something like Global Tag Feed or Global Site Tags.

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hello there Stephanie,

hope you're doing good today and please excuse my late reply! :slight_smile:

I've tried to replicate this issue in a test installation (I've also got another colleague of mine to also perform the same test) with no avail though.

Could you please send us over some server credentials to better investigate this?
    As this is public forum, you should send us your details through our safe contact form https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question using this template:

Subject: "Attn: Dimitris"
    - WordPress admin (login url/username/password)
    - FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    - cPanel/Plesk credentials (host/username/password)
    - link back to this thread for reference
    - any other relevant urls

Keep in mind the subject line as ensures that it gets assigned to me.

Can I also ask, if we can conduct another quick conflict test, if needed.

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hello there Stephanie,

hope you're doing good today and please excuse my late reply here.

As I wasn't able to locate anything else that could probably cause that, I've already escalated this to our Second Level Support team to have another look.

From our email conversation now:

I have one hunch. Our blogs are not in sequential order. There are some gaps. In wp_blogs table, the blog ids are: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 11, 12, etc. Could these gaps in site numbers cause a problem indexing categories?

The non sequential IDs shouldn't cause this issue. In my tests, as the installation has been around for some time, I also didn't have site IDs in a sequential order (this means that there were subsites that have been created and deleted at some point).

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

• Ivan
    • Developer

Hi Stephanie !

It happened because at first permalink for this page wasn't added (for that you can go to WP Dashboard -> Settings -> Permalinks and just hit Save Changes button ) and the second the wp_network_terms table was deleted. I created this table on your database, updated permalinks and rebuilt the index and it seems it works now.

Best regards,
    Ivan.

• Stephanie
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Great! This seems to be working now. I may need your help when we move it to the live server, but I will let you know when that happens.

One more question. We are making efforts to move our multi-site into multiple installations (on WP Engine). Would there be anyway to index posts across multiple installations (still same domain name)?

• Ivan
    • Developer

Hi Stephanie !

If I understood you correctly - you want to separate multi-site to several simple sites. If yes - it won't work because Post Indexer works only on Multisite Installations.
    Maybe Domain Mapping plugin will a good solution for you in this case?

Best regards,
    Ivan.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.