Post indexer (not indexing everything?)

I'm getting my MultiSite up and running, so for some of my blogs (testing) I have dummy content I've imported from an .xml file. After rebuilding the Index I noticed those posts were not add to the index. Only the initial "Hello World!" post was indexed.

Am I missing something here? And after the Post Indexer plugin is installed and activated, I shouldn't need to keep rebuilding the index in order to reflect newer posts, correct?

Thank you for your time.
Rafael

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there Rafael,

Hope you're well today! :slight_smile:

It uses the wp_cron to index posts, after the initial indexing, the wp_cron relies on a low amount of front-end traffic to trigger, is the site currently live and receiving traffic? :slight_smile:

Please advise.

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Rafael
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey there @Jack,

Yes the website is live, I wouldn't say it is receiving much traffic, but if you, or anyone, were to enter the url on a browser, you would be access the website no problem.

Questions:
    Why didn't these post get indexed under the initial indexing process (after rebuilding)?

Are you saying the plugin gives preference to Post with the most views? If so, if one of these posts started to receive some attention would it be indexed automatically?

Please let me know your thoughts.
    Thanks

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @Rafael,

Hope you're well today! :slight_smile:

After the initial indexing, all posts should be indexed in order from time posted, it uses a cron based system to kick of processing, this is overall and not post by post.

i.e, if you have 50 new posts and the cron runs it should index all those posts.

Can you grant me support access please via your network admin > WPMU DEV > support > support access and click "Grant Access".

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.