Post Indexer Not Indexing Main Site, Many SQL Errors

After updating to Post Indexer v.3.0.5.7 I am getting numerous WordPress database errors in my error logs and am unable to build the index for site ID 1.

After the update, I successfully built the index for 15 sites. Repeated attempts to index the main site, however, continue to fail with no stats and no posts being added to the index.

I checked my error log this morning, and found 13,000± db errors referencing Post Indexer Tables. Please see attached text file. Below are just a couple examples.

[23-Sep-2014 02:47:19 UTC] WordPress database error Duplicate entry 'three-legged-dog' for key 'slug' for query INSERT INTO wp_network_terms ...

[23-Sep-2014 02:49:13 UTC] WordPress database error Duplicate entry '641-link_category' for key 'term_id_taxonomy' for query INSERT INTO wp_network_term_taxonomy ...

[23-Sep-2014 03:23:47 UTC] WordPress database error Unknown column 'post_category' in 'field list' for query INSERT INTO wp_network_posts ...

I have just enabled the Indexer Cron Log tab which does not appear to show errors, it only shows processes which seem to be completing...

Post Indexer Second Pass (30867)
Blog: 1, Post ID: 252, End processing
2014-09-23 10:32:36

BLog: 1, Post ID: 252,
processing taxonomy: My Pack 2014-09-23 10:32:36

Blog: 1, Post ID: 252,
processing taxonomies: My Pack 2014-09-23 10:32:36

Blog: 1, Post ID: 252, post metadata

Blog: 1, Post ID: 252, Indexing post
Blog: 1, Post ID: 252, Begin processing

For the record, I did update directly from Post Indexer v.2.1 at the recommendation of @Jose who assured me that "Regarding the DB schema, there are no change between your installed version and the current release. "

This is clearly not the case as I now have wp_network_ & wp_site_ tables.

My other supprt topics, for reference and background:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/blogs-directory-error-invalid-page

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/how-to-update-post-indexer-from-legacy-version

Thank you in advance for nay help! I need to get this resolved ASAP as this is our live site.

Vaughan

Hi @jcnjr,

Hope you're well?

I can't replicate on my own site, it does look like this could be related as you say from updating from the old legacy version.

Please note that the tables wp_site & wp_sitemeta are default multisite tables and not related to post-indexer.

The wp_network tables are post-indexer tables.

I'm unsure as to why you get those SQL errors, let me just ask one of the developers for some assistance with this for you.

Hopefully the developer should respond shortly.

Thanks

jcnjr

this could be related as you say from updating from the old legacy version

Exactly why I didn't update it since identifying the issue on our dev install long ago. :-\ None of my support topics for that were ever resolved, but just recently I was assured, "There is no reason to have issues by skipping versions." So I went for it, and now i have a live site with broken indexing affecting numerous widgets and feeds.

The wp_network tables are post-indexer tables.

FYI: The version of Post Indexer we've been running for years did not create any wp_network tables.

From the v.2.1 Plugin Code:

$post_indexer_table1 = "CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS '" . $wpdb->base_prefix . "site_posts'
    $post_indexer_table2 = "CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS '" . $wpdb->base_prefix . "term_counts'
    $post_indexer_table3 = "CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS '{$wpdb->base_prefix}site_terms'
    $post_indexer_table4 = 	"CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS '{$wpdb->base_prefix}site_term_relationships'

Thank you for the quick response. I'm desperately looking forward to getting some assistance with this.

jcnjr

FYI: I just rebuilt my error_log file and am now seeing entries like this...

[23-Sep-2014 18:16:29 UTC] WordPress database error You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '-10, 10' at line 1 for query SELECT * FROM wp_network_posts WHERE post_author = 3182 ORDER BY ID DESC LIMIT -10, 10 made by require('wp-blog-header.php'), wp, WP->main, do_action_ref_array, call_user_func_array, IncPopup->init_public, IncPopup->load_method_footer, IncPopupBase->get_popup_data, IncPopupItem->get_script_data, IncPopupItem->load_html, include('/plugins/popover/css/tpl/minimal/template.php'), apply_filters('the_content'), call_user_func_array, members_directory_output

[23-Sep-2014 18:16:29 UTC] WordPress database error You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '-10, 10' at line 1 for query SELECT * FROM wp_network_posts WHERE post_author = 3182 ORDER BY ID DESC LIMIT -10, 10 made by require('wp-blog-header.php'), require_once('wp-includes/template-loader.php'), include('/themes/wpmu-nelo-child/page.php'), the_content, apply_filters('the_content'), call_user_func_array, members_directory_output

jcnjr

@Vaughan Said:

I'm unsure as to why you get those SQL errors,

I'm desperately hoping someone can help me figure out what's going on here soon. After noticing an apparently related problem with Pop-Ups, I tried deactivating that plugin and re-indexing the site and that made no difference.

So, I deleted our error_log and attempted to rebuild the index on the main site again. Immediately the new error log filled up with numerous errors like this...

[25-Sep-2014 14:54:38 UTC] WordPress database error Unknown column 'post_category' in 'field list' for query INSERT INTO 'wp_network_posts' ...

So, I inspected the wp_network_posts table, and sure enough, there is no post_category column. I then reviewed the plugin code and the CREATE table script does not even include a post_category statement. So why is the plugin looking for post categories???

The other errors being continuously thrown are like this...

[25-Sep-2014 14:54:38 UTC] WordPress database error Duplicate entry '2264-category' for key 'term_id_taxonomy' for query INSERT INTO 'wp_network_term_taxonomy' ...

I'm not sure about the "duplicate entry" error, but when browsing the wp_network_term_taxonomy table I do notice that there is a column for 'term_taxonomy'_id NOT 'term_id_taxonomy'

NOTE: I replaced backticks in the errors above to avoid code formatting.

Could anyone please provide some recommendations or steps for further troubleshooting? Thank You!!!

jcnjr

OK, figured I'd start all over...

I went back to our dev install and:
    - Deactivated Post Indexer
    - Deleted Plugin
    - Dropped All wp_network tables from database
    - Deleted any post-indexer data from wp_1_options

Reinstalling the plugin did not create the db tables. Neither did re-activation. So, I manually created all 7 tables using the CREATE queries in the plugin code.

Nothing blew up, but site ID 1 is still not indexing. It throws the same errors:

[25-Sep-2014 22:08:38 UTC] WordPress database error Unknown column 'post_category' in 'field list' for query INSERT INTO 'wp_network_posts' ('ID','post_author','post_date','post_date_gmt','post_content','post_title','post_category','post_excerpt','post_status','comment_status','ping_status','post_password','post_name','to_ping','pinged','post_modified','post_modified_gmt','post_content_filtered','post_parent','guid','menu_order','post_type','post_mime_type','comment_count','BLOG_ID') VALUES ...

So...I figure I could insert the post_category column between post_title and post_excerpt but what would all its variables be? And why isn't it created by the plugin if the plugin requires it!?!?

Anyone? Please. Thank You!

NOTE: Rebuilding the tables did eliminate the Duplicate Entry errors! I suppose that is progress. :-\

PS: I took all these latest steps with no other plugins activated.

Philipp Stracker

Hi @jcnjr, I have quickly reviewed the Post-Indexer code that triggers your code and found the possible cause of the error:

I assume you had a quite old WordPress installation (when you set it up you possibly had WordPress 2.5 or earlier). In your database there seems to be an old left-over column that causes the issues with Post-Indexer.

Steps to solve this:
    (A) Back up your WordPress DB. For this I recommend a SQL Export (this means Export the DB structure + data with phpMyAdmin; NOT WordPress > Tools > Export!)

(B) Run the following SQL - as I understand only site 1 has this issue, because only this site is not indexed:
    ALTER TABLE wp_posts DROP COLUMN post_category;

This will actually modify your database and remove the deprecated column "post_category" permanently. This is why I strongly suggest you to make a DB backup - since you had some quite old plugins on your site it might be possible that either a plugin or the theme depends on this column (though this is very unlikely since the column is deprecated since 4 years or so)

As a reference I found these two posts (and actually much more) that describe taht posts_category column is not used anymore by WordPress:
    * https://wordpress.org/support/topic/posts-uncategorized-but-in-wp_posts-they-have-a-category
    * https://wordpress.org/support/topic/post_category-column-is-it-used-anymore

FYI: The error happens, because Post-Indexer tries to mirror the posts-table of each blog; but site-1 obvously contains data that cannot be mirrored and that's why Post-Indexer fails with that errors.

I hope this helps to solve your issue. Keep us updated!
    Thanks, Philipp

jcnjr

Well, this continues to get interesting.

After dropping the post_category column from our wp_1_posts table, I attempted to rebuild the index of site ID 1. I monitored the progress for more than an hour and watched the Post Indexer stats count jump from 7 to 12 to 37 back down to 17 up to 43 down to 17... This morning there is nothing more in the indexing queue and the total count of indexed posts is 12. The wp_1_posts table has 1400+ rows! :-\

FYI: This is on our dev install, and we have no wp_posts table.

At least something is getting indexed, and there were no more SQL errors in the error log.

Reactivating plugin and attempting to index other sites now...I was excited at the progress but now i am leery of proceeding on our live site again.

jcnjr

Post-Indexer tries to mirror the posts-table of each blog; but site-1 obvously contains data that cannot be mirrored

FYI...

Our wp_1_posts table now includes the following columns.

ID post_author post_date post_date_gmt post_content post_title post_excerpt post_status comment_status ping_status post_password post_name to_ping pinged post_modified post_modified_gmt post_content_filtered post_parent guid menu_order post_type post_mime_type comment_count

But the wp_network_posts table has:

BLOG_ID ID post_author post_date post_date_gmt post_content post_title post_excerpt post_status comment_status ping_status post_password post_name to_ping pinged post_modified post_modified_gmt post_content_filtered post_parent guid menu_order post_type post_mime_type comment_count

Note how BLOG_ID is missing from wp_1_posts. The plugin does not seem to consider legacy WordPress installations like ours. This was originally a standard WP install in 2007. I recall then migrated the site to WPMU over 5 years ago, with direction from the WordPress/WPMU support forums to convert wp_posts to wp_1_posts.

Could I just INSERT the BLOG_ID column before ID? If so, got a query or any tips for doing so?

I can insert the column via PHP MyAdmin, but am uncertain about its variables. (e.g.; Name, Type, Collation, Attributes, Null, Default, Extra, Action, Etc.)

Thanks again!

Philipp Stracker

Hi jcnjr,

I am not sure why the indexed post count dropped or why only 12 out of 1400 posts are indexed. The first thing I'd check is the alive-time of the index:

Network Dashboard > Settings > Post Indexer
    Open the "Global Settings" tab and check the "Remove indexed posts older than" setting. It might be set to 1 hour or similar.

The blog_ID column is not inside the wp_1_posts table, this is correct.
    When I said that the posts are mirrored it was not 100 % technically correct (it was just accurate enough to explain the SQL errors in a easy-to-understand way
    The blog_id is added automatically by post-indexer to the wp_network_posts table.

Let us know if the Global-Settings option was the reason for your low index-count. I'll notify some developer with more insight into the issue than I have in case the issue is not solved yet!

Thanks, Philipp

jcnjr

Let us know if the Global-Settings option was the reason for your low index-count.

No. The option is set to "Remove indexed posts older than 1 Years".

Furthermore, my attempt to re-index site ID 1 on our dev install, removed all entries of other previously indexed sites from wp_network_posts.

Any additional insight or recommended steps for further troubleshooting this are greatly appreciated! After updating our Global Site Search plugin on the live site, I am now stuck with a search function that returns virtually no results from our 7+ years of blog posts!

Jose

Hey there @jcnjr,

First, sorry that I didn't noticed the deprecated tables. There is no trace of it in the code nor in the changelog. The repo history is also quite new since we moved to a different repo system. But in any case, by looking in the code I was sure that there was not harm on updating. These are just deprecated tables so it shouldn't be related.

That said, could you please send me the following information for your dev site via contact form :

- In the subject field add "Attn: Jose”
    - Link back to this thread
    - Include WP admin/network access
    - Include FTP host and credentials.
    - DB or cpanel access.
    - Include any relevant information.

On the contact form, select "I have a different question", this ensures it comes through and gets assigned to me.

Cheers,
    Jose

Jose

Hey @jcnjr,

After a long debug session I arrived to the conclusion that post indexer is working as expected in your site.

The confusion seems to be caused by the option "Remove indexed posts older than".
    This makes reference to the post_date creation, not to the index creation.
    If you set it to '3 years', then all those posts that were created more than 3 years ago will be removed from the index.

In your main site, for instance, you have only 12 posts created in the last 3 years.

Now, there is something that you mentioned above and is certainly confusing.

count jump from 7 to 12 to 37 back down to 17 up to 43 down to 17...

This happens because the process that inserts posts to the index will run every 5 minutes, but the process to check the date and remove the old posts will run every 40 minutes.
    During these 40 minutes you will see the index count growing, but then it will sudently decrease if there are old posts.

Now, I think that this behavior can be really annoying, so I added a patch to the code (wich is already implemented in your site) to avoid adding these old post in first place when the index is rebuilt.
    That way, the index count will be more consistent and, not less important, the performance for the reindexation will be much better.

If you want to have all your 1400+ posts indexed, it should be enough to change the option "Remove indexed posts older than" to something like '20 years'.

Please let me know if it works as expected now.

BTW, I changed the remove option to '4 years' and ran a reindexing, which is in process now.

Cheers,
    Jose

jcnjr

Thank you for the help @Jose !!!

This, however, does not explain why new posts on the main site were not getting indexed. But I just published a test post and it immediately appeared in our Recent Posts widget, so that must be working now!

I will remove the _category table on our main site, and upload the modified plugin version you have running on our dev site. I'll then attempt to rebuild that index with the same settings from the test site and hope it all goes well.

I can't thank you enough for helping us get to the bottom of this, and will report back with any further questions/issues or to close this topic.

Cheers.

jcnjr

@Jose ...

PROGRESS!!! A good thing.

I deleted our error log, dropped the post_category column from wp_1_posts, installed the patched Post Indexer, back-dated "delete older than" setting, clicked rebuild on the main site, and... it worked!

Primary Blog posts are appearing again in our Recent Posts widgets, and Global Site Search. THANK YOU!

Now, is there anything we can do about these errors...

[03-Oct-2014 18:25:37 UTC] WordPress database error Duplicate entry 'three-legged' for key 'slug' for query INSERT INTO 'wp_network_terms' ('name','slug','term_group') VALUES ('three-legged','three-legged',0) made by do_action_ref_array, call_user_func_array, postindexercron->process_rebuild_secondpass, postindexermodel->index_tax, postindexermodel->insert_or_get_term

[03-Oct-2014 18:25:38 UTC] WordPress database error Duplicate entry '76-category' for key 'term_id_taxonomy' for query INSERT INTO 'wp_network_term_taxonomy' ('term_id','taxonomy','description','parent','count') VALUES (76,'category','Woof! Rants and raves from Jerry G. Dawg',0,1) made by do_action_ref_array, call_user_func_array, postindexercron->process_rebuild_secondpass, postindexermodel->index_tax, postindexermodel->insert_or_get_taxonomy

After rebuilding the index on site ID 1 there are hundreds of errors like this in the error log. And it looks like they keep occurring as Post Indexer does it's job. As a result, the error log is growing exponentially.

So, progress is indeed a good thing. Please advise regarding what I might do to resolve this last remaining issue.

jcnjr

Can you confirm if the terms and taxonomies are being indexed

I'm not exactly sure how to do that, but based on the following error I searched wp_network_terms for "three-legged" in the slug column and did find only one entry. See screenshot, and note how the name in that row has no dash but the value in the error does.

[03-Oct-2014 18:25:37 UTC] WordPress database error Duplicate entry 'three-legged' for key 'slug' for query INSERT INTO 'wp_network_terms' ('name','slug','term_group') VALUES ('three-legged','three-legged',0) made by do_action_ref_array, call_user_func_array, postindexercron->process_rebuild_secondpass, postindexermodel->index_tax, postindexermodel->insert_or_get_term

The second type of error is interesting, as there is no term_id_taxonomy column in the wp_network_term_taxonomy table. Instead, there is a column titled term_taxonomy_id.

[03-Oct-2014 18:25:38 UTC] WordPress database error Duplicate entry '76-category' for key 'term_id_taxonomy' for query INSERT INTO 'wp_network_term_taxonomy' ('term_id','taxonomy','description','parent','count') VALUES (76,'category','Woof! Rants and raves from Jerry G. Dawg',0,1) made by do_action_ref_array, call_user_func_array, postindexercron->process_rebuild_secondpass, postindexermodel->index_tax, postindexermodel->insert_or_get_taxonomy

Please advise if there is something else I ca do to troubleshoot these further, or if you want credentials for accessing the live site backend.

Thanks again!

jcnjr

Uhhh... @Jose

What was that patch again?

After updating Post Indexer on our dev install, the main site's posts were not getting indexed again.

I tried starting over from scratch, deleted the plugin files, and dropped the wp_network tables from the database. After re-install and network activation, I tried rebuilding the index and only the subsite gets indexed.

This is basically a fresh WP install with new database and only two sites, the main site and one other. Only site wp_2 gets indexed, even when attempting to manually rebuild the main site's post index.

Remember this nightmare? The previous user credentials I sent will no longer work, so please let me know if you need to log in. Or, let me know what I should try first. Thanks!

FYI: The wp_network tables were not created when I reactivated Post Indexer. To create them, I used the following queries that I had on file from our previous troubleshooting. Perhaps something isn't right here?

CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS wp_network_log (
    							  id bigint(11) unsigned NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
    							  log_title varchar(250) DEFAULT NULL,
    							  log_details text,
    							  log_datetime datetime DEFAULT NULL,
    							  PRIMARY KEY (id)
    							)

CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS wp_network_posts (
    							  BLOG_ID bigint(20) unsigned NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
    							  ID bigint(20) unsigned NOT NULL,
    							  post_author bigint(20) unsigned NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
    							  post_date datetime NOT NULL DEFAULT '0000-00-00 00:00:00',
    							  post_date_gmt datetime NOT NULL DEFAULT '0000-00-00 00:00:00',
    							  post_content longtext NOT NULL,
    							  post_title text NOT NULL,
    							  post_excerpt text NOT NULL,
    							  post_status varchar(20) NOT NULL DEFAULT 'publish',
    							  comment_status varchar(20) NOT NULL DEFAULT 'open',
    							  ping_status varchar(20) NOT NULL DEFAULT 'open',
    							  post_password varchar(20) NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
    							  post_name varchar(200) NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
    							  to_ping text NOT NULL,
    							  pinged text NOT NULL,
    							  post_modified datetime NOT NULL DEFAULT '0000-00-00 00:00:00',
    							  post_modified_gmt datetime NOT NULL DEFAULT '0000-00-00 00:00:00',
    							  post_content_filtered longtext NOT NULL,
    							  post_parent bigint(20) unsigned NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
    							  guid varchar(255) NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
    							  menu_order int(11) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
    							  post_type varchar(20) NOT NULL DEFAULT 'post',
    							  post_mime_type varchar(100) NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
    							  comment_count bigint(20) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
    							  PRIMARY KEY (BLOG_ID,ID),
    							  KEY post_name (post_name),
    							  KEY type_status_date (post_type,post_status,post_date,ID),
    							  KEY post_parent (post_parent),
    							  KEY post_author (post_author)
    							)

CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS wp_network_rebuildqueue (
    							  blog_id bigint(20) unsigned NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
    							  rebuild_updatedate timestamp NULL DEFAULT NULL,
    							  rebuild_progress bigint(20) unsigned DEFAULT NULL,
    							  PRIMARY KEY (blog_id)
    							)

CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS wp_network_postmeta (
    							  blog_id bigint(20) unsigned NOT NULL,
    							  meta_id bigint(20) unsigned NOT NULL,
    							  post_id bigint(20) unsigned NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
    							  meta_key varchar(255) DEFAULT NULL,
    							  meta_value longtext,
    							  PRIMARY KEY (blog_id,meta_id),
    							  KEY post_id (post_id),
    							  KEY meta_key (meta_key)
    							)

CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS wp_network_terms (
    							  term_id bigint(20) unsigned NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
    							  name varchar(200) NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
    							  slug varchar(200) NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
    							  term_group bigint(10) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
    							  PRIMARY KEY (term_id),
    							  UNIQUE KEY slug (slug),
    							  KEY name (name)
    							)

CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS wp_network_term_taxonomy (
    							  term_taxonomy_id bigint(20) unsigned NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
    							  term_id bigint(20) unsigned NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
    							  taxonomy varchar(32) NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
    							  description longtext NOT NULL,
    							  parent bigint(20) unsigned NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
    							  count bigint(20) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
    							  PRIMARY KEY (term_taxonomy_id),
    							  UNIQUE KEY term_id_taxonomy (term_id,taxonomy),
    							  KEY taxonomy (taxonomy)
    							)

CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS wp_network_term_relationships (
    							  blog_id bigint(20) unsigned NOT NULL,
    							  object_id bigint(20) unsigned NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
    							  term_taxonomy_id bigint(20) unsigned NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
    							  term_order int(11) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
    							  PRIMARY KEY (blog_id,object_id,term_taxonomy_id),
    							  KEY term_taxonomy_id (term_taxonomy_id)
    							)
    Jose

Hey Jim,

Hope you are doing great

My patch was released in version 3.0.5.8.
    It is thisone in the changelog:
    - Add: Improved indexation for aged posts

I know there are several other features released along with my patch in the latest releases. Let me call @Jack Kitterhing to the thread to have his input.

Which version were you using before the update?

After a quick read over the thread, part of the issue before was the value set for the option "Remove indexed posts older than".
    What value are you using there now? could you please double check and re-save just in case?

Please advise.

Cheers,
    Jose

jcnjr

@Jose Thanks for the quick response!

I updated the plugin from the previous version. Noticed the problem again, then re-installed the current version from scratch, but had to run the SQL above after he tables were not created.

I set the "older than" posts date to 10 years, but I'm not sure that worked either. After doing so, I clicked "Rebuild" on the main site and it's been in the queue for nearly a couple hours now. I actived the PI cron log, and results like those below are being shown, but no posts from the site are getting indexed.

NOTE: The numbers for rows in network_term/s and_postmeta tables are increasing, but network_posts remains at 2, from the subsite.

Post Indexer Second Pass (10684)
    Blog: 1, Post ID: 243, End processing 	2015-02-25 21:43:24
    BLog: 1, Post ID: 243, processing taxonomy: Tripawd Pals 	2015-02-25 21:43:24
    BLog: 1, Post ID: 243, processing taxonomy: Recovery 	2015-02-25 21:43:24
    Blog: 1, Post ID: 243, processing taxonomies: RecoveryTripawd Pals 	2015-02-25 21:43:24
    Blog: 1, Post ID: 243, post metadata 	2015-02-25 21:43:24
    Blog: 1, Post ID: 243, Indexing post 	2015-02-25 21:43:24
    Blog: 1, Post ID: 243, Begin processing 	2015-02-25 21:43:24

Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @jcnjr,

Hope you're well today! In the update of Post indexer we modified the lockfile, we used to write the lockfile to the wp-content/uploads directory, but this was changed to a transient based flag for locking and another transient for storing that info.

Could you send me through the following so I can take a look at this for you

- In the subject field add "Attn: Jack Kitterhing"
    - Link back to this thread
    - Include admin/network access
    - Include FTP
    - Include cPanel/PhpMyAdmin access
    - Include any relevant URLS for your site

On the contact form, select "I have a different question", this ensures it comes through and gets assigned to me.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack

jcnjr

@Jack Kitterhing
    @Jose

I think I may have this figured out. In reviewing all my old emails and support threads about this issue, I came across this suggestion by @Philipp Stracker

Apparently, when importing posts from the legacy site, the deprecated post_category column must have been added to the wp_posts table. After dropping that column and rebuilding the index on the main site, it looks like posts are getting indexed again.

Thanks for the quick responses!

Marking this topic as resolved, again, for now...