Post Indexer site-specific settings won't stick

When I go to the site-specific settings of the Post Indexer to select per-site custom post types for indexing, I use the checkboxes to add a few options, and then click on "Save All Settings" and....nothing happens. If I click "rebuild" it's still doing just the globals, and if I go back to the "edit" screen, only the globals are selected -- the custom ones I just chose are no longer checked.

I enabled support access. Hope we can sort this out. Thanks!

• mabraham1

Thanks, Tyler. So that would mean that any custom post types must be network-wide to be indexed? I'm not sure I follow the logic....isn't a huge point of this plugin to be able to access posts in different sites across the network? What would the point be of having the ability to customize the indexing on a per-site basis if you can't select the ones that are site-specific? I'm probably missing something here......I'm sure you guys will set me straight.

• mabraham1

I'm not sure if this is related or not....but one thing I was trying to accomplish is for items from Events+ to be indexed. When I wasn't able to select "event" custom post type in the site-specific checklist for the site where my events are, I added "event" to the global settings and did a rebuild. There are several Events created on one site (site id=30) But there are no "event" items showing up in post indexer stats at all. Is that the right post type for Events+? I don't see another one to use.

• Tyler Postle

Hey Kalico,

Sorry for such a delay on this! The developer just messaged me about the ticket and I'm realizing this is way overdue.

So it is true that it's not currently suppose to index custom post types that are active to a specific subsite. They must be globally active. This is to due with the method used for checking each blog, it doesn't support pulling in non-global post types. With that said, they are looking into another method that would let us get around this.

There are several Events created on one site (site id=30) But there are no "event" items showing up in post indexer stats at all. Is that the right post type for Events+?

Events+ post type is incsub_event "event" may belong to another plugin you have.

What would the point be of having the ability to customize the indexing on a per-site basis if you can't select the ones that are site-specific?

The idea is to be able to select/de-select global post types, so you may have Events+ active on all sites but you only want to bring in posts from certain sites. With that said, you are right that the fact it still includes the non-global custom post types in the list is a UX issue - so even if we can't get the individual post types working, we'll improve the UX to avoid this confusion.

Sorry again for such a delay on this. Hope you had a great weekend!

Cheers,
    Tyler