Post on FB picking wrong image

When I add a product on Marketpress, it gets posted on the Facebook page. However, it is not picking up the correct image. I even added a specific image for that products specific open graph settings.

Same is true for when I post the site link. It should pick up the main banner image IMO.

See example: https://www.facebook.com/getscraps/posts/1154273404609943

• Rupok

Hi Erum ,

I even added a specific image for that products specific open graph settings.

MarketPress doesn't provide OpenGraph settings. So I assume you are using a third party plugin for posting on facebook. Can you please tell us which plugin you are using for setting OpenGraph settings? I believe, the issue is in that plugin, not in MarketPress. I can tell you better after trying to regenerate the same on my test site.

With the default setup, product image set for a product through "Add Image" button should be posted on facebook. You said you set specific image in OpenGraph settings, that's why I asked which third party plugin you are using for sharing on facebook. I could tell you better about the issue if I could see it live, check your current configuration and make some tests on your site. Would you mind allowing Support Access so we can have a closer look at this?

To enable support access you can follow this guide here:
    http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Please confirm here when you are done granting Support Access. I'm looking forward to hearing from you and resolve this issue as soon as possible.

And I could not check the image in the facebook link you shared. It's showing me Page Not Found error. Please check the attached screenshot for reference.

Edit Note: Updated Info.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Erum

I am using your FB plugin.

I will just turn support on so you can check yourself.
    Update: done

However, my product pages just got all mucked up thanks to Upfront.
    I was working on tag pages and clicked save all archives of this type. And now my product pages look like crap and no longer have an add to cart option.
    That is why I had to remove the FB post. You can just try it at your end with any of the products.

• Nithin

Hi Erum,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

It looks like the support access got expired, could you please revoke, and re-enable access, so that we could give a closer look.

I tested this in my test server, and I wasn't able to find any issues, even adding the default image in Facebook > Facebook Settings > Always use this image were working too.

I also, checked your post by adding it in the fb, and I wasn't able to find any issues with wrong image being picked up. Is this related to any specific post? If yes, please share the product page where you are having this issue, so that we could give a closer look.

I tested the products from 350degrees, and scraps, and both sites seems to work fine, and it's showing the correct images.

Please advise, what I'm missing so that we could give a closer look. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Erum

There are two scenarios here:

1. If I take a link and post it on FB manually. For example: http://scrapsart.com/store/products/hello-sunshine/

This more or less works correctly as it gives me 3-4 options of images to pick from. Most people use the default image which should be the first photo which I believe is the featured image by default. Instead the default image was the back cover which is actually the second last image.

2. The real problem is when I add the product to the store and use the automatic option to post to FB side by side. That is when it posted the wrong image. There were multiple images and instead of picking any one of them, it picked a card image from another product.

Here is the example:
    https://www.facebook.com/getscraps/posts/1155684961135454

• Rupok

Hi Erum,

The fb link you posted in not working. I assume you deleted it again.

However, I wanted to regenerate this issue from your site to find out why wrong images are being picked up for your products but it's seems like Support Access has expired again. It's showing me this:
    This access token has expired. Please ask the user to renew it.
    Can you please revoke and grant us permission again so we can investigate further? I'm looking forward to hearing from you and resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.