Post-Registration Page

At present once a user has registered for my site then they are sent to wp-login.php?action=register&fb_register=1

Where the message "Thank you for registering. Proceed to main site." is given.

I wish to change this to:

"Thank you for registering. Click here to get started" with a link to my Welcome landing page. How would I do this?

• Paul Barthmaier
    • Code Wrangler

Hi there and welcome to the WPMU DEV Community for WordPress Support!

To do this, you'd have to edit the php file that contains this text in the plugin. I see those two sentences in a file called registration_page_success.php in this folder:

/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpmu-dev-facebook/lib/forms

on my server.

Take note, though, that changes will be overwritten when the plugin is updated!

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
    Paul

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hello,

The plugin already allows for this in a couple of future-safe ways (meaning, in a way that makes sure your changes won't be trumped over when you update your plugin). If all you want to do is just to tweak the message text a bit and you're otherwise fine with the default page, you can just hook up to the "wdfb-registration_message" filter, like so:

function my_message_text () {
    	return "Thank you for registering, now <a href='#'>go have some fun</a>";
    }
    add_filter('wdfb-registration_message', 'my_message_text');

There is another way too, which may work better for you, seeing as how you already changed the registration page template. To preserve your changes across plugin updates, just copy the file "lib/forms/registration_page_success.php" you changed to your theme root directory, and the plugin will use this instead of the default one.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.