Post to email when new post published.

Hi there,

I use the plugin "Email posts to subscribers" to send the mail to the subscriber, these subscribers were the post by email address.(like jetpack post via email address)

I have a problem that when my published is frequently, even though the auto mail successful, but these address will not open the mail, so the receiving's website will not post the new post.

How can I fix this problem?

• James Morris
    • WordPress Enthusiast

Hello leoventans,

I hope you are well today.

I'm afraid I'm having a little trouble understanding what issue you are having? :slight_frown:

I'm afraid I'm not very familiar with the plugin you are referring to. Have you checked the developers support page on WordPress.org or their website?

https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/email-posts-to-subscribers/
    http://www.gopiplus.com/work/2014/03/28/wordpress-plugin-email-posts-to-subscribers/

Best regards,

James Morris

• leoventans
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hi James,

I have sent a private mail to the author to ask this issue, they haven't replied yet, but I think it's not the plugin problem.

We know the WordPress can post via email right? So I want to use this plugin and let it auto send the mail to post email address(example:xxxx@post.wordpress.com), and it can achieve the auto-post function.

My problem is that the mail is sent successfully now, but the post address does not post successfully(and normally, it should publish a post) which I think it may due to the post address have trash email setting or something else that caused the mail can not be open and post.

So I want to ask has some way can fix this issue?

Best regards,

• James Morris
    • WordPress Enthusiast

Hello leoventans,

I'm afraid fixing other developers plugins goes beyond the scope of the support we can offer here. Please see: https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/support-vs-custom-development/

However, it sounds like you're wanting to automatically post content from one site to another site. Is that correct? If so, a much, much simpler approach would be to use our Autoblog plugin, which I can happily provide full support for.

The Autoblog plugin has many powerful features and add-ons that make syndicating content from another site a snap. All you need is the RSS feed from the source blog. Perhaps this is a better fit in your situation?

Best regards,

James Morris

• leoventans

Hi James,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I want to automatically post content from one site to another site, but the automatically seems just only collection another site to specific site.

I want to use the feature "post via email" to achieved the auto blog. Some CMS provide the "post via email" feature, even they are not Wordpress, so I want to use the plugin "Email posts to subscribers" to achieved this wish. In my thought, it should be work, but I have some trouble now.

The plugin is fine, the mail is fine too, but the mail can't be opened. I am trying to use another similar plugin to send mail and it has the same issue too.

I want to ask that how should I do that can avoid a situation that the mail arrived successfully but not open.

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello leoventans

I am still a bit confused, I am really sorry. Do you want to notify users when new posts is released and also wants to automatically get pots on other sites (posts via email)?

If so, then I am not familiar with the plugin you are using but I can suggest an alternative. You can try our Subscribe by Email plugin which can send a daily digests (or weekly, configurable) to all of your subscribers.

In addition, you can use our Autoblog plugin which can read feed from a site and post in to another site in certain interval.

I am bit confused when you said "the mail can't be opened" and "post address does not post successfully". Would you please clarify again?

Cheers
    Ash

• leoventans

Hi Ash,

Thank you for your response.

I think I have been finding the solution and fixed it, It seems due to the problem of the plugin.

I found another plugin to achieve, and it's work fine.

I will try to use subscribe by email and auto blog plugin later.

Thank you for both of your help, you are so kind and help me a lot every time.

Best regards,

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.