Post to Facebook check box in front end

Hi,
i created front end custom forms for different post types. is there a way to add a text box that will trigger the "post to Facebook" action?

thank you

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings fitoussi.

Hi,
    i created front end custom forms for different post types. is there a way to add a text box that will trigger the "post to Facebook" action?

thank you

I'll see if I can get the lead developer in here to assist / give you some advice for this custom implementation though it may take a little longer then a normal ticket.

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hello,

Let's see if I understood the question correctly: if you enable front-end posting in your plugin settings, your new posts will be pushed to Facebook according to their type and autopost mappings set up in settings. Or is it that you'd like the plugin to post your new posts selectively (e.g. only when user checks "post this to Facebook" checkbox, or something similar) when submitting the post on the front end?

• fitoussi
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hi Vebailovity,
    Yes. I want the new post to be pushed to Facebook selectively when user select the box "post to Facebook". Now my questions is. I created a custom front end form for post type "directory_listing" for people to be able to add listings from front end. How can I add a check box to my form that will trigger the "post to Facebook" action when they submit the form?

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hi,

Unfortunately, this is not possible at this moment, at least not directly. If the front-page posting is on, all front page posts will be posted on Facebook, if they match the post type mapping in plugin settings. However, maybe you could use a checkbox to toggle between post types, where one of the types will be posted to Facebook, while the other post type isn't mapped to be posted. Would perhaps something like that work in your scenario?

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings fitoussi,

Just checking if this issue was eventually resolved in another thread? Or by yourself separately to us? Or by us over email with you? Or using our live support?

If so, no need to reply, that's great news.

If not, or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Otherwise, happy days, glad you got it sorted :slight_smile:

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.