"Post to facebook" question

Hi,
got into an issue with this plugin and hopefully you guys can help me with that. in my site i am using only custom forms to post the different posts(no access to admin area but myself). all the new posts are "pending" until i approve them. i also using the facebook plugin to give the users that publish post the option to also automatically publish it on their facebook wall. the problem is, since the post are pending i have to go to my admin site and approve them. However, since it is my admin area when i go to the new post in the "Publish to wall of this Facebook account:" i will see my account and not the account belong to the user who created the post. which means, when i approve the post it will not be posted in the user facebook wall.
I cannot think of a way to get it done unless it will be automatically posting to facebook and the new posts have to be "publish" when they being created and not "pending" which is how i want it to be.

any one have any idea how can i get it done?

• DavidM

Hi fitoussi,

Hoping I've understood you right. You'd like for users to be able to post to their Facebook wall, correct? If so, there's not a way to do that currently with the plugin. It lets you enter Facebook app credentials but it sounds like you'd probably need to let users enter their own Facebook app credentials in order for this to work.

Does that help explain things or are you looking to do something different than I've described?

Thanks,
    David

• fitoussi

Hi David,
    not exactly, but i will try to better explain what i need.
    what i was talking about is when a user go to the admin area to create a new post he has the option to also post it on his facebook account using the check box "I want to publish this post to Facebook" (screen shot 1). and that is after giving access to the app i created and be logged in using facebook.
    However, i am using custom forms to create new posts means no access to the admin area and all posts are being pending until i approved them. The problem is that In order to approve the new posts i need to go to MY admin area and publish the new post from there. and when i am in my admin area i will see my account in the facebook section (screenshot 2) and not the account of the user that created the post. which means it will be published to my facebook.
    my question is: is there a way to bring to my admin area the facebook account that belongs to the user who created the post instead of my account so i will be able to post it to their facebook once i approve it?

or can you think about a different way i can archive it?

thank you

• DavidM

Hi fitoussi,

I was trying to think through some way to accommodate that but I just can't see a way to do so. If the user is able to Update after the post has already been published in WordPress, you could leave the Publish to Facebook options unchecked while publishing the post, then let the user do the Publish to Facebook option with an Update.

Other than that, I just can't see another way to work around that.

-David

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.