"Post Update" becomes "Add photos" ??? confusing

The standard button to submit a text-only update in BuddyPress says “Post Update” and is located to the lower right of the text box.

When I want to add a photo to the post, that “Post Update” button disappears and is essentially replaced by an “Add photos” button, which is in a different location. From a usability perspective, it is very confusing.

Please make Activity Plus use the Post Update button!!! This is going to confuse the heck out of my users.

Thanks,

Jimmy

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey there.

I’ll move this over to the feature request & feedback area.

The Post update button is a BuddyPress button.

When you try to use image/video option it removes that button to use the plugins ones. So they’re both different buttons.

Anyway, I’ll ping our developer on this one for further review.

Thanks.

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey again.

Can you understand how the current setup could cause confusion?

Ya I understand, but you know sometimes now matter how clear you make something people still miss it and then complain later.

But having unity and consistency in how things work and look does certainly solve (at least) half the battle.

As a solution for you now you could use:

#bpfb_add_remote_image, #bpfb_video_url_preview, #bpfb_submit, #bpfb_link_url_preview, #bpfb_cancel{float:right; clear:right;}

The clear is for use with the video button as it didn’t align right with the preview

That would move them all over to the right, you could then adjust padding and margins as you wish.

Take care.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.