Post Voting Appearing On Login Page

Not sure if this is a template issue, or a plugin issue - but I'll post it here.

If "Show Login Link To Visitors" is checked "Yes" (top screenshot) I see the post voting login link on the login page for the theme I'm using. (bottom screenshot)

I have all the latest versions with Blogs-MU installed as the theme.

• NetPotion
    • The Incredible Code Injector

I actually don't see that on the plugin settings page. Are you using the latest release?

I looked at the shortcodes and I don't see anything that will help. I may have missed something. I'll have to have another look.

I'm just going to disable that message site wide. That will solve it well enough for now.

Thanks for the assistance Mustafa!

~ Corey

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hiya!

It looks like your theme is placing the login form within the page template.

As such, the plugin has no way of distinguishing the login page from normal pages and the only way to prevent the voting buttons from appearing would be to stop them appearing on all pages, as per Mustafa's suggestion.

Thanks,
    Phil

• NetPotion

Ok.... this is driving me a little nuts now.

Where *exactly* should I be seeing this selection box? "admin -> settings -> post voting"? It's not there in either site admin or network admin settings.

I cannot find anyway to exclude post voting from anything but the front page. The screenshots on the plugin page here on WPMUDEV don't show these options either.

I'm sorry to be so dense, but if you could give me the exact location I could find these settings it might help my headache go away.

Thanks,

~ Corey

• NetPotion

Hi Phil,

I see the settings page in both my network admin & my site admin, (and it is activated), but the section that allows me to exclude it from pages isn't there. Where is that section supposed to be?

It doesn't show it on the WPMUDEV screenshots for this plugin either.

Thanks

~ Corey

• NetPotion

Here is the screenshot from the WPMUDEV page for this plugin.

This is exactly what I'm seeing in my admin section. Notice that there is nowhere to exclude post voting from pages - only the front page. This is what I'm referring to. I'm trying to figure out how to exclude it from pages. =)

Thanks

~ Corey

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Okay, first of all this plugin hasn't been tested in that version of WordPress so you need to upgrade to 3.2.1.

Secondly, have you checked that you're on the latest version of the plugin? If you are then you'll need to upgrade WordPress before we can troubleshoot further.

Thanks

• NetPotion

This is definitely an issue with this plugin. Please read this carefully.

I downloaded the Post Voting plugin using the link on the plugin page and installed it on a single site installation I have. This site has the latest WordPress. (I always run the most recent stable versions of everything)

Low and behold, THERE IS THE AREA TO EXCLUDE PAGES!!!! This is what I've been looking for, but not finding. =)

Now for the weird part. I was immediately informed that there was an update available. This is odd since I *just* got done downloading it. But, hey.....ok. I'll bite.

So I upgrade.

*POOF* - suddenly there is no way to exclude posts from pages. It vanished.

Please see screenshots.

I'm sorry that it seems like I've annoyed folks with this thread, but either there is a problem or there isn't. Obviously there is a problem here. Why I'm the only one who has noticed this is beyond me.

What you're seeing in the screenshots below:

Screenshot one: Fresh installation of newly downloaded plugin
    Screenshot two: Upgrade notification
    Screnshot three: Upgrade process
    Screenshot four: Selection box to exclude post voting from certain areas/pages is now missing.

I don't think I can document this any better. I hope this helps clarify things.

Thanks,

~ Corey

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hi,

This definitely sounds as if something has gone wrong with autoupdates in the previous version. We have just released a new version (v2.1, just released). Autoupdate properly recognized it for me and downloaded the proper files. Can you please try and see if the latest release fixes this problem for you too?

• NetPotion

Hi VeBailovity

The update seems to have fixed this problem. Thanks!

It didn't show up in auto-updates, nor did I receive any message that an update was available so people using the previous version might be a little clueless. The plugin folder was renamed in the download.

I'm happy to know I'm not losing my mind. I was beginning to wonder since everyone appeared to be seeing something I wasn't. LOL

Thanks again folks,

~ Corey

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.