Post voting plugin and how it operates with Multisite

I currently have a multisite that operates like a holistic application vs the normal network of individual sites. So I want to try and consolidate effort while expanding capabilities to encompass data from the entire network.

#1: Will the network setting for the plugin trump local site settings? I know I can prevent site admins from messing with the setting, but do I need to configure each individual site?

#2: What is the difference between the individual site voting code and the multisite version? The multisite version is not very documented.

#3 What are the custom post type voting controls used for? Do I need to use a different tag if it is displayed on a custom post type?

#4 Can I use the popular tags to pull highest ranking posts from all sites in the network?

Thanks for any clarification. I’d like to use this plugin, but want to make sure I understand it first.

• Brian Purkiss
    • Smushie Pies

Network settings do not trump individual sites. You’ll need to configure it for each sub site.

The multisite version functions like the normal site, except it’s on a multisite.

The Custom post type section on the settings page allows you to disable voting for those post types. So say you don’t want to have voting on your eCommerce section, then you would check the “product” box to not allow voting on the products. But if you did, then you’d leave it unchecked.

The popular tags only pulls from the individual site. Not across the network.

I hope this clears things up.

If you have any other questions please don’t hesitate to ask. We’re happy to help!

• jakelisby
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Clear as mud… :slight_smile:

So I’ve dropped <?php wdpv_vote(); ?> into my template and that shows the voting buttons appropriately. When I put <?php wdpv_get_vote_ms(); ?> in, it doesn’t show anything even though I’m on a multisite. Is there something that I’m not understanding?

Also, if I’m using these tags in my template instead are the settings from the admin interface even needed or can I control everything in the template?

• Brian Purkiss
    • Smushie Pies

We hope you were able to resolve this. Since this thread has been inactive for some time I am going to go ahead and close the ticket. If you were unable to resolve it or have any further questions, please feel free to re-open the ticket – we are more than happy to help!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.