Post Voting plugin custom development questions

Hi,

I have this plugin set to ask guests to login before they can vote. I want to be able to change the default login link in this message to a custom login page that I have created. What is the best way for me do to this without hacking the plugins default PHP?

Secondly, I am wanting to extend the plugin to show a bar graph animation of the amount of positive and negative votes. I realise that this is a custom development job, so could you put me in touch with a developer that could complete this for me?

Thanks,

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @Joseph,

Hope you're well today! :slight_smile:

I'm afraid out of the box, there isn't a available filter/hook for modifying the login link, the login link is created like so

function Wdpv_Codec () { $this->__construct(); }

function _generate_login_link () {
    		$post_id = get_the_ID();
    		$count = $this->model->get_votes_total($post_id);
    		return sprintf(
    			__('<div class="wdpv_login">This post has %s votes. <a href="%s">Log in now</a> to vote</div>'),
    			$count, site_url('wp-login.php')
    		);
    	}

In wpmu-dev-post-votes/lib/class_wdpv_codec.php line 22 :slight_smile:

Secondly, I am wanting to extend the plugin to show a bar graph animation of the amount of positive and negative votes. I realise that this is a custom development job, so could you put me in touch with a developer that could complete this for me?

We don't recommend any specific developers, but you could try posting on the WPMU DEV job board here https://premium.wpmudev.org/wordpress-development/ :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.